Less than Half of U.S. CEOs Support Data Security Efforts
- Are You Prepared for 2015's Cyber Threats? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2015, p14
The article reports on the findings of the study titled "2014: A Year of Mega Breaches" of the pre-eminent research center Ponemon Institute LLC which anticipate the worsening condition of the data security in 2015 as confidential and vulnerable information shift to the digital space.
- Health data security breaches expected to escalate in 2012. // Journal of Business (10756124);1/19/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p25
The article focuses on the 2011 Benchmark Study on Patient Privacy and Data Security by Ponemon Institute LLC of Traverse City, Michigan, which reveals various predictions related to health care data in 2012 such as escalating health data security breaches.
- Data breach costs soar to Â£60 per record. // Data Strategy;Feb2009, p8
The article reports on the increase in the average cost per record of a data security breach by 28% from 47 pounds in 2007 to 60 pounds in 2008 according to privacy and information management research firm Ponemon Institute and enterprise data protection solutions vendor PGP Corp.
- Is Your Endpoint Security Keeping up with Growing Malware Threats? Chickowski, Ericka // Channel Insider;12/15/2010, p1
The article discusses a new study conducted at the Ponemon Institute LLC entitled "State of Endpoint Risk" which reveals the increasing cases of cyber attacks and malware threats in organizations.
- Health Care Data Security Plans on the Rise. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2014, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p16
The article focuses on the report by Ponemon Institute which shows that the 73% of the surveyed organizations with data breach response plan is a 63% increase compared in "2013 Crain's New York Business/Modern Healthcare.
- Ponemon Report Connects Cloud Service Use to Higher Breach Costs. Lemos, Robert // eWeek;6/9/2014, p1
The article reports on the survey conducted by Ponemon Institute LLC, a company that conducts independent research on privacy, data protection and information security policy, reveals that the application of cloud services in several companies can raise potential cost of data security failures.
- Data Breaches Costing Businesses More: Report. Eddy, Nathan // Channel Insider;3/9/2011, p1
The article presents a report on the potential increase of data breach costs based on the findings of a study conducted by Ponemon Institute LLC in the U.S. It mentions the dominance of the abnormal churn rate to cost data breaches. It notes the consistency of device-oriented breaches to cost...
- New Studies Quantify Cost of Data Breaches. // Bank Security Report;Sep2010, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on a study by the independent Ponemon Institute LLC setting the median cost of a successful data breach at 3.8 million U.S. dollars for detection, investigation, containment and recovery in the U.S. The study by the institute of 45 organizations which have been hit by data...
- Data Breach Costs Reached $7.2 Million in 2010. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);4/11/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the findings of the study titled "2010 Annual Study: U.S. Cost of a Data Breach," by Symantec Corp. and Ponemon Institute LLC that show that medical data breaches increased to 7.2 million dollars and cost companies 214 dollars per compromised record in 2010 compared with...