ID Fraud (and Prevention) ...On the Rise
- Identity Theft Continues To Rise Even As Thieves Rounded Up. // Credit Union Journal;3/1/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p14
The article offers information on the 2010 Identity Fraud Survey Report made by Javelin Strategy & Research Inc., regarding identity theft in the U.S.
- DENTITY THEFT UP 22%. HITS 5-YEAR HIGH. // RoadBike;Sep2010, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p61
The article discusses the findings of the survey by Javelin Strategy & Research Inc. which indicated a 22 % rise in identity theft among Americans in 2010.
- ID Theft Declined in 2010â€¦or Did It? Sisk, Michael // Bank Technology News;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the survey of Javelin Strategy & Research Inc. regarding the 28% decline on the number of identity fraud victims in the U.S. in 2010 and the decline on the total annual fraud crimes by 34%.
- OLD-SCHOOL IDENTITY THEFT. Kiviat, Barbara // Time;2/7/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p81
Reports on identity fraud. The number of Americans victimized by identity theft; Cost of identity fraud to consumers and businesses; Finding of a Javelin Strategy & Research survey that most ID theft starts off-line with a lost wallet or stolen mail; Indication that monitoring accounts online...
- Identity Fraud Rose 13% in 2011. // Credit Union Newswatch;3/5/2012, p7
The article reports that identity fraud incidents are increasing representing 11.6 million adult victims due to increasing social media behaviors and data breach incidents in the U.S., according to a new Javelin Strategy and Research Inc.'s Identity Fraud Report.
- 2010 ID Thefts Declined as Average Losses Increased. // Bank Security Report;Mar2011, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the findings of a survey conducted by Javelin Strategy and Research Inc. which stresses the decline in the number of identity theft victims from 11 million in 2009 to 8.1 million in 2010 in the U.S. The survey also indicated that the cost of clearing up identity theft...
- Protecting Data Online Is a Top Priority for Consumers. Sraeel, Holly // Bank Technology News;Apr2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the results of a study conducted by Javelin Strategy and Research on behalf of TriCipher, on online authentication solution provider, revealing that 25 million adults have been victims of identity theft or fraud in the United States. The study also revealed that consumers...
- QUICK TAKE. // Credit Union Directors Newsletter;Apr2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the results of the study conducted by Javelin Strategy & Research Inc. concerning identity fraud in the U.S. The study reveals that fraud victims have increased by 22% in 2008, and 71% of the incidents occur less than a week after the loss of data. Checkbooks, lost...
- Javelin Poll Finds Rise in ID Fraud. // American Banker;2/13/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 30, p12
The article reports that a public opinion poll conducted by the firm Javelin Strategy & Research found an increase in the number of U.S. residents who said they were victims of identity theft in 2008. The poll indicated that there was a 24 percent increase in the number of identity theft victims...