How Secure are Cell Phone Calls?
- Vodafone. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/9/2014, pA02
The article reports on the claim of telecommunications operator Vodafone that several governments have direct access to its communications network in order to eavesdrop on telephone and online conversations despite requirements for the warrants in most of the 29 nations where the company operates.
- Listen Up! // Current Events;1/21/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p3
The article discusses the issue of parents eavesdropping their children's phone calls. Parents say they have every right to listen in on their kids' phone calls. While the court and the teenagers does not agree to this. Washington state Senator Pam Roach said she plans to introduce legislation...
- Telematics Users to Quadruple in 5 Years. // Insurance Networking News;Apr/May2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p10
The article offers information on a report by ABI Research Inc. which states that telematics users are expected to increase to more than 300 million in 2018.
- 600 Million Smartphones Will Have Gesture Recognition Features in 2017. Massé, Don // Microwave Journal;Sep2012, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p49
The article reports that vision-based gesture recognition technology will be available in 600 million smartphones in 2017 based on a study from ABI Research.
- 4G Equipment Spending on Base Stations Will Approach $3 B in 2011. Massé, Dan // Microwave Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p59
The article presents a report by ABI Research Inc. which reveals that the 32,000 base stations will be upgraded and retrofitted to support 4G services in 2011.
- Container Shipping Market. // World Trade: WT100;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p17
The article reports on a study by ABI Research on the projected increase in container security and tracking revenues at a compound annual growth rate of 27 percent from 2011 to 2016.
- Untitled. Grant, Ian // Computer Weekly;6/22/2010, p25
The article reports on the market research done by ABI Research Inc. according to which the rising number of users with high capacity smart phones could cause a hundred-fold increase in data traffic in the future.
- Patterns of Death. Kitfield, James // National Journal;3/10/2012, p5
The article discusses the ability of network to synthesize amounts of all-source intelligence and discern patterns of life rapidly to anticipate a target's next move. It notes how Osama bin Laden, who disconnected from the grid was traced through an intercepted phone call. It indicates that...
- NELEGALITATEA INTERCEPTÄ‚RILOR ÅžI ÃŽNREGISTRÄ‚RILOR AUDIO SAU VIDEO EFECTUATE IN FAZA ACTELOR PREMERGÄ‚TOARE. FANU-MOCA, ADRIAN // Dreptul;2012, Vol. 141 Issue 12, p195
The study examines the issue of unlawful interceptions and audio or video recordings made during preliminary acts, i.e. prior to prosecution; this is a common problem the case law courts are often faced with. The conclusion that interceptions and carrying out audio or video recordings prior to...