The Enhanced Video Alarm Meets the Bottom Line
- Navigating Change, Growing Opportunities. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 10, Special section p2
The article offers information on a conference of security system companies to be held from November 5-6, 2013.
- Security Learns to Measure Twice, Cut Once. McCourt, Mark // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2009, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p10
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the latest trends in security measures, the upcoming Security 500 Conference on November 2009 and the impact of the new innovations in security to business.
- Do Cell Phones Cause Car Crashes? // Consumers' Research Magazine;Apr99, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p41
Reports on the banning of hand-held cellular phones while driving across the United States. Statement from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on the role of cellular phones in the increase incidence of car crashes; Other factors which contribute to highway accidents;...
- Phone-in. Ward, Simon; Rea, Charlie; Porter, Andrew; Perry, Tim; Mallin, Dave; Stephenson, Lee; Cutter, David // Engineer (00137758);10/15/2007, Vol. 293 Issue 7734, p21
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "I can't drive I'm on the phone."
- Burnet bans cell phones in school zones. Freeman, Michael // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/4/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 44, p4A
The article reports on the approval of an ordinance in Burnet City, Texas which prohibits the use of cell phones while driving along school zone.
- Femtohazard. Roffey, David // New Scientist;6/28/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 2662, p25
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on heath concerns on home-based cellphones, published in the April 20, 2008 issue.
- Jam that ringing cell phone? Webb, Warren // EDN;3/6/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p40
Reports on efforts to restrict use of cellular telephones for safety purposes. Concern on risk of using cellular telephone while driving; Prohibited use of mobile telephones in aircrafts; Electronic detection of cellular telephones.
- No elegant technical fixes for distracted driving. Szensson, Peter // Knoxville Automotive Report;Jul2012, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p15
The article reports on the best solution for distracted driving no matter how mobile phone manufacturers develop technical solutions in the U.S.
- Not-so-smart phone use. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Feb2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
The article offers statistics on the number of people in the U.S. who use security measures to protect their cellular telephones by regularly updating software, password protecting the telephone and software, and installing mobile device applications that can remotely erase personal data.