The Price Is Always Right...Right?
- Even Savvy Consumers Aren't Eager For Mobile. // ISO & Agent Weekly;10/3/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p27
The article presents the findings of a survey which revealed that a large number of smartphone owners do not use mobile wallet application.
- IPhone To Become E-Wallet. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/10/2014, pA01
3 In addition to its device rollouts,
- Ditch your wallet. OHNGREN, KARA // Entrepreneur;Dec2011, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p88
An interview is presented with Joaquin Ayuso, the co-founder of Tuenti, a social networking website. He discusses his latest project, Kuapay, a mobile payment system available for use with smartphones. Topics also discussed include information security, competition from global e-commerce...
- Federal Protective Service's Contract Guard Program Requires More Oversight and Reassessment of Use of Contract Guards. Goldstein, Mark L. // GAO Reports;4/14/2010, preceding p1
The article presents a report from the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) on the Federal Protective Service's (FPS) use of contract guards to protect federal facilities in the U.S. GAO has examined the contract guard program and required contractors to provide guards who have met...
- How the Next iPhone Could Finally Kill the Credit Card. Wohlsen, Marcus // Banking Strategies Daily;9/9/2014, p2
The article reports on Apple Inc.'s iPhone wallet chip which has the potential to replace credit cards.
- Apple Tries On Wearable Line. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/10/2014, pA01
2 The tech giant debuted its eagerly awaited smartwatch, which doubles as a fitness tracker and an e-wallet. But it must be paired with an iPhone and will go on sale early next year.
- Old Interface Learns New Tricks In Mobile Payments. Johnson, Andrew // CardLine;1/28/2011, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the technology and functionality of the mobile payments system of Xipwire Inc. It reports that the system's software is not based on a digital wallet application on a smartphone and it does not rely on payment chips. The system operates through text messaging which makes...
- Gene Munster: The iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and beyond. Elmer-DeWitt, Philip // Fortune.com;11/14/2013, p1
The article looks at computer and electronics company Apple Inc.. as of 2013. It offers comments from financial analyst Gene Munster offered at a conference on digital technology on topics including trends in sales of the iPhone smartphone, the company's plans for the Apple television set, and...
- Companies' technology to replace the cashier. Gajda, Bill // Fort Worth Business Press;3/4/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p10
The article offers information on mobile wallet technology created by credit card companies, wireless carriers and smartphone makers. Topics discussed include market research company eMarketer's estimate on in-store purchases made with a smartphone, reasons for slow adoption of digital wallets...