- Maximum security. Bentley, Ross // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/25/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4596, p40
The article discusses new technologies for hotel security with emphasis on closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems. According to Roberto Fiorentino, managing director at CSS Total Security, systems can now also be integrated with IT systems to send alerts to computers with the use of CCTV....
- Revenue by System Type for Top 100 Integrators. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p42
This section presents information on the revenue earned by various sectors in the security systems industry. Integrated systems continued its growth in 2004, accounting for an additional 1 percentage point of revenue over 2003. Other changes were a 5 percentage-point drop in access control and a...
- The Urge to Merge: Integrating Access Control. Kolettis, Helen // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2001, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the integration of various technologies with access control. Types of biometrics technologies; Integration of facial recognition with closed-circuit television; Advantages of asset tracking.
- Eye spy with IP. Snodgrass, James // Internet Business;Apr2002, p34
Presents the introduction of digital closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras networked through the internet for airport surveillance in Great Britain. Drawbacks of CCTV; Installation of Ethernet CCTV system; Advantages of networked digital surveillance.
- Hardware, software defines integration. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, Integrated Systems pK
Presents tips in selecting hardware and software for integrated security systems in the United States. Use of access control, closed-circuit television and intrusion detection systems; Products that can be tied to computer and telephone cables, intercoms, parking controls and energy management;...
- Integration is the key to access. // International Fire & Security Product News;Apr2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p18
Deals with the access control solutions to be launched by TDSi at the 2004 International Fire and Safety trade show in Great Britain. Features of the Optica keypad access control; Information on the closed-circuit television integration and personnel tracking system of the company; Other access...
- 'Futuristic' rail vehicle enhancements - available today. // Modern Railways;Aug2013 Supplement, p15
The article focuses on various modern technological enhancements that can be made available in rail vehicles. It is said that uplifting existing rail assets helps increase their value to operators and provides a pleasant travelling experience to passengers. The importance of closed circuit...
- The evolution of video magnification technology. Uslan, Mark M.; Shen, Ren // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Nov/Dec96 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p465
Covers information about Closed-circuit television (CCTV), a video magnification system for visually impaired persons. Details about the development of early CCTV systems; Features and prices of the system; Advantages of using CCTV; Perception on the video magnification technology.
- The 'Good News' Dome. // Management Services;Apr2001, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p26
Features the CCTV cameras from the Philips company.