Is H.264 Today's Next Show Biz Star?
- AUTOMATIC ACTIVITY SEGMENTATION FROM SURVEILLANCE VIDEO USING CONVENTION-AL SHOT BOUNDARY DETECTION METHODS. Angadi, S. A.; Naik, Vilas; Kumar, Ashwin // International Journal of Machine Intelligence;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p404
Video-surveillance systems are one of the main source of information during investigations. However, the adopted closed-circuit devices are often affected by poor quality mainly because of economical and practical problems. In many cases a low quality image can give useful information during the...
- Application Ready. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p43
Focuses on digital video surveillance products. Installation of the NiceVision system from NICE Systems at the Palace Indian Gaming Center in Lemoore, California; Sanyo's release of the DTL-4800 digital time lapse recorder; Darim Vision's introduction of products that provide multichannel video...
- Requires Less Bandwidth for Higher Resolution Images. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2012, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p119
The article offers brief information on the Pan-Tilt-Zoom cameras from Avigilon Corp.
- DIAGNOSTIC TOOL STREAMLINES PoE CAMERA INSTALLATION. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p183
The article offers brief information on the Vi0020 PoE Camera Setup Tool from Vigitron Inc.
- Megapixel Cameras Changing the Landscape of Surveillance. Elliott, David // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
The author discusses the impact of the megapixel cameras in the field of surveillance. He stresses the growing trends of high-definition television (HDTV) cameras in the mainstream surveillance systems due to its niche or one-off solution, image quality and more detailed view. Moreover, the...
- Camera crossover. LUFF, JOHN // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2010, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p124
The article offers information on the technological transition of the camera and its benefits for the users. It states that the new wide range of modern cameras including the single-lens reflex camera with video capture capability have been a revolution in the field of photography. The author...
- Corner-mount nonmetallic box. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p30
The article offers brief information on the 8161CB corner box for security cameras and electrical accessories from Arlington Industries Inc.
- A Penny Saved Is a System Sold: The $10 NVR. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2012, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p145
The article evaluates the P1346 IP CCTV camera from Axis Communications Inc.
- Adjust Cameras Without Interrupting Business. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p60
The article offers brief information about the Easy Setup PTRZ Tool security camera software from Canon.