Hello to the Future of POE
- New Products. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Feb2013, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p34
The article evaluates several electrical products including a power supply system from SL Power Electronics Corp., magnetic angle sensor from the company ASM and ethernet powered device from WinSystems.
- Product Showcase. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2012, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p76
The article offers brief information on products in the security systems industry including the eBridge1CT Ethernet transceiver and eBridge1CR Ethernet receive from Altronix Corp., the Illustra 600 Series IP High-Definition camera from American Dynamics Corp. and the AXIS Camera Companion from Axis.
- In defense of jumbo frames. Curtis, John // Network World;08/10/98, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p22
Presents information on the Gigabit Ethernet Jumbo Frames. Criticism of the frames; Reason for the Jumbo Frames; Claims of critics of the Frames.
- Watch out for performance inflation. Tolly, Kevin // Network World;11/17/97, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p32
Describes the performance of Fast Ethernet switches. Amount of data a Fast Ethernet switch can process at wire speed; Ethernet computer network's smallest packet size.
- Macronix unveils Fast Ethernet chip. Hardie, Crista // Electronic News;10/9/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2086, p68
Looks at claims by Macronix America that the company is posed to capture the high-speed networking components market. The introduction of the 8-port 100Base-TX/FX Fast Ethernet repeater controller chip; Discussion of Grand Junction Networks, which was recently acquired by by Cisco Systems.
- Three flavors of 100BaseT satiate bandwidth hunger. Peterson, Eric // PC Week;9/30/96, Vol. 13 Issue 39, pN9
Evaluates three varieties of 100BaseT for companies who are moving to Fast Ethernet. Why 100 BaseT is recommended; The 100BaseTX, 100BaseT4, and 100BaseFX; Capabilities of each.
- Grand Junction puts fiber in Fast Ethernet products. Pickering, Wendy // PC Week;1/23/95, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p51
Reports on the introduction of Grand Junction Networks Inc.'s line of Fast Ethernet products with fiber-optic linkage. FastHub 100; FastSwitch 10/100 ES; FastNIC adapter card; Product features.
- How to play for keeps. Mier, Edwin // Network World;01/26/98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p50
Presents information on how best to select a Gigabit Ethernet for individual requirements. Details on the Gigabit Ethernet Backbone switches; Information on the expected drop in prices due to increased demand; Presentation of a product chart; How it is supported. INSET: Absences duly noted.
- Latest Fast Ethernet products. // Communications News;Feb97, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
Presents various products of Fast Ethernet. Stackable 10/100 MB/S switch; High-Density modular surge protector; Micro-Segment existing legacy LANs with RiserSwitch; More; Features and uses of the products.