Mass Notification: From Everyone to Just One
- Zetron IP dispatch system reduces screen clutter. BISCHOFF, GLENN // Urgent Communications;Apr2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p44
The article offers information on the Max Dispatch end-to-end Internet protocol (IP) telecommunications console system from Zetron, one feature of which is its streamlined user interface.
- WHAT'S YOUR EMERGENCY? Semer, Jeri; Ostrom, Dave; Peabody, Chris // American School & University;Feb2007, Vol. 79 Issue 6, pSS44
The article argues that schools need location-specific 911 emergency systems and explains that new phone-network technology will allow better management of these systems. School safety officials find that current technology makes it hard to pinpoint the location of a call. New IP-enabled,...
- Get Fully Integrated VoIP and TDM Capabilities With the REDCOM SLICE 2100. Sanchez, Carlos // Rural Telecom;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p4
The article evaluates the TRANSip Technology Internet protocol (IP) suite from Redcom.
- US BUSINESSES WILL SPEND $47 BILLION ON TELECOM IN 2015. // LAN Product News;Apr2011, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p5
The article focuses on a 2011 study from Insight Research which indicated growth in spending on managed services at a compounded rate of 12 percent over the next five years. The significance of the recession is explained in terms of a cost-effective alternative to increasing internal staffing....
- Modem Frankensteins. Liu, Alex // Telephony;4/25/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on challenges of the IP marketplace to telecommunication companies. Advantages of the IP in communication; Establishment of start-up companies; Advice to incumbent telecommunication companies on how to compete with start-ups.
- The IP PBX Can It Save the Hotel Telephone Department? Phillips, Dan // Hospitality Upgrade;Summer2002, p1
The article focuses on the significance of Internet protocol (IP) private branch exchanges (PBX) in the telecommunications department of the hotel industry in the U.S. It offers the history of the industry's telecommunication sector from 1984 to 2004. The higher caliber of technology has set and...
- Mobile VoIP made palatable. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;11/20/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 19, Special section p4
The article reports on the ways on how to use mobile Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to its advantage in the telecommunications industry in the U.S. The author discusses the advantage and features of a mobile VoIP. The key to carrier acceptance of mobile VoIP lies in lowering the friction it...
- A test of will. Bischoff, Glenn // Mobile Radio Technology;May2007, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p6
The author reflects on public safety in connection with the communications networks in the U.S. He suggested that public safety should alter its perspectives about communications networks. He stressed that there are available application to first responders, making them more effective and...
- TIA Responds to Concerns that IP Transition Leaves Some Americans Behind. // Telecom Standards;Nov2014, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p12
The article presents the in response statement of Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) to non-profit organization Public Knowledge on Internet Protocol (IP) transition for modernization of communication networks in the U.S.