GolTV HD Scores DirecTV
- DirecTv bows HDTV for Thomson set owners. Tarr // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/09/99, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p1
Reports that DirecTV Inc. has launched a high-definition television (HDTV) service and resumed the disconnection of unqualified subscribers from its distant network television services in the United States. Subscribers capable of using DirecTV's HDTV service; HDTV set required to access the...
- DirecTV Adds Third HD Channel: Showtime. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p31
Reports the launching of high definition television channel on the DBS platform by DirecTV Inc. in El Segundo, California. Date on the first transmission of the channel; Use of orbital slot for the transmission; Requirement for the channel subscription.
- DirecTV Floats HD Plans; Dish Inflates Basic Rates. Brady, Shirley; Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);1/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the high definition television (HDTV) commitment of cable television network DirecTV. Announcement of a high definition digital video recorder with TiVo service and a fourth HDTV channel; Incentives being given to subscribers; Plan to double its local-channel markets at the end of 2003.
- DirecTV on the way; are buyers? Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;01/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p124
Reports that some television experts in the United State believe that DirecTV's plans to broadcast two channels of high-definition (HD) programming may cause an increase in the sales of digital television sets. Number of broadcasters expected to offer high-definition signals by the time digital...
- DirecTV Starting To Launch Nets In High-Definition. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on DirecTV's plan to have several networks in high definition by the end of September 2007 in the United States. The company reveals that there would be more than 70 high definition services launching in October 2007. The article reports that several DirecTV subscribers were...
- DirecTV Deal a Needed Boost for Boeing Satellite Operations. Maese, Kathryn // Orange County Business Journal;9/27/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the contract of Boeing Co. to build several bus-sized satellites for DirecTV Group Inc. in El Segundo, California. Plan of Boeing to build three 702 model satellites; Expectation for the satellites to deliver high-definition television channels to DirecTV subscribers; Significance of...
- DirecTV, Dish Do HD, Too. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p92
Reports that DirectTV Inc., debuted an high definition television (HDTV) package on July 1, 2003. Offer of seven HDTV channels by DirectTV; Plan of DirectTV to start offering HDTV telecast of pro football games; Other channels that are interested in HDTV telecast.
- DirecTV. // Communications Technology;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p27
The article reports that DirecTV Inc. is now offering local high definition (HD) television programming to its customers in Texas, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana. The company is now also offering local HD broadcast channels in 115 cities, representing more than 87 percent of U.S. television...
- DIRECTV eyes Ultra-HDTV for future service offering. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;3/20/2012, p5
The article reports that DIRECTV considers to use Ultra-HDTV as part of its service offering, where the high-resolution TV system was created by the NHK Science & Technology Laboratories.