Schools Left to Play Guessing Game as N.Y. Lawmakers Haggle
- Educating Bankers Was Key to Ohio QZABs, Official Says. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p4
Reports on the bond issue of Canton City School District in Canton, Ohio. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond issue.
- Virginia College Agency. Readies $338M in Busy Season for State. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;10/4/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33393, p3
The article reports that the Virginia College Building Authority will sell its Series 2010B bonds worth $337.5 to fund higher education projects in Virginia.
- Beleaguered Massachusetts Schools to Increase Bond Sales. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;9/3/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31711, p5
Reports on sales of bonds by local Massachusetts schools in the wake of cuts state aid and assistance programs. Reasons for selling school bonds; Assessment of various sales of school bonds; Plans by lawmakers to revamp the school aid programs.
- In S.C., Full Speed Ahead. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/9/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31715, p1
Focuses on the progress made by a school district in South Carolina regarding the sale of $293 million of general obligation bonds, despite possible legal challenges over the use of proceeds. Opinion of general Henry McMaster on the matter; Preliminary official statement for the bond issue;...
- Forsyth Saga. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p27
The article reports on the sale of about 33 million dollars of general obligation bonds in Forsyth County, North Carolina. 23 million dollars of the offering will go to schools and the remaining debt will be public improvement bonds for capital projects in the United States. School bonds will...
- School Funding Fix. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p27
The article reports on the introduction of legislation that calls for bonds to be issued to address the inequities of South Carolina's funding of its education system. Beginning in fiscal 2007 and continuing for four fiscal years, an additional 300 million dollars in state school facilities...
- Voters Face School GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/22/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32450, p27
The article reports on the scheduled voting for the requested $25 million general obligation bond package of the Farmington Municipal School District No.5 in New Mexico. On August 29, 2006, voters in the Four Corners-area district will be voting for the consideration of the request that aims to...
- Katy Don't Bar the Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32314, p29
The article reports that the Katy Independent School District has called a bond election for May 13, 2006 in Houston, Texas. The proceeds of the bond offering will be used for classroom additions. However, the district is still unclear on how much bond should be released for the offering. The...
- Lott: School bond bill faces uphill fight. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30662, p36
Reports on the problems being faced by a plan to issue tax-exempt school construction bonds in Washington, D.C.