- Colombians ask for more flower purchases from U.S. // GMPRO - Greenhouse Management & Production;Jan2007, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the floriculture industry of Colombia. Ernesto Velez, chairman of the Colombian Flower Exporters Association, said that Americans need to buy more flowers more often. About 60% of all flowers produced in Colombia are bought by U.S. consumers. 83% of all cut flower exports...
- The Soaring Dollar Did It. Sinai, Allen // Challenge (05775132);Sep/Oct85, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p18
As the dollar soared, the impact of foreign competition grew not only have U.S. consumers and businesses expanded travel and purchases abroad, but more and more U.S. manufacturers are using foreign components and materials as inputs into production. American companies are increasingly locating...
- The Trading Floor. Hume, Lynn; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p28
Presents news items related to trade developments in the U.S., as of January 24, 2002. Launch of trading data program by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board and The Bond Market Association; Development of a disaster recovery system by New York-based Aurora Software; Promotion of Daniel...
- Trade. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p136
Focuses on trade in the United States, with information on exports and imports. Leading exports and imports in monetary value; America's leading trading partners; Reasons why Americans purchase products from other countries; Information on how countries can develop a trade deficit.
- Business trends--and their impact on education. Ireland, R. Duane; Ramsower, Reagan M. // Baylor Business Review;Spring1993, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p21
Presents an overview of trends in business among American companies. Global competition; Technological changes; Productivity enhancements.
- The revised Uniform Commercial Code changes unsecured creditors' rights in sales and secured... Brinkman, Daren R. // Business Credit;Sep98, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p34
Examines the revised Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) in the United States. Information on changes made to the UCC; Impact of the revised UCC on trade creditors; Examination of changes in the principles of secured transactions.
- Making Exporting a Part of Your Business Strategy. Shuman, John R. // Business Credit;Jun2000, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p47
Highlights opportunities in making exporting a part of a business strategy. Representation of sales for United States farms and small businesses; Employment in U.S. exporting firms; Introduction to a series of articles on the topic in 'Business Credit' magazine.
- International trade. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov95, p17
Reports that the strong growth of United States (US) export in August, 1995, narrowed the trade deficit to $8.8 billion. Differences; Swings in exchange rates.
- International developments. // Economic Trends (07482922);May96, p18
Presents trends in American international trade as of May 1996. Narrowing of the gap between imports and exports; Lower inflation compared to the rest of the world; Change in the real terms of trade; Trade deficit as a reflection of a desire to borrow goods and services from the rest of the...