Scott Foresman, Prentice Hall Shine In South Carolina Science Adoption
- The Challenges of Co-Teaching within A Multicultural Context. Crespo, Angela; Cudahy, Diane; Ndunda, Mutindi; VanSickle, Meta // Multicultural Education;Spring2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p43
This article relates the challenges faced by five instructors from the College of Charleston in co-teaching within a multicultural context. During the summer of 2001, we were given the opportunity to offer an eight-day institute funded by the South Carolina Department of Education. The Institute...
- Regional meetings to focus on proposed `student passports'. // South Carolina Business Journal;Nov94, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
Announces the series of regional input sessions offered by the South Carolina State Department of Education which would provide feedback on a proposed `student passport' as part of the revised exit requirements for South Carolina high school students. Sponsors of the meetings; Emphasis on...
- More Teacher-Incentive Grants Trickle Out. Keller, Bess // Education Week;11/8/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p14
This article offers a look at grants announced by the U.S. Department of Education for schools and districts willing to link the pay of teachers and principals to student test scores. Grant winners include the South Carolina Education Department and a California charter school. The remaining...
- Cleaning out the overstuffed regulatory broom closet. Nielsen, Barbara S. // South Carolina Business Journal;Mar97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Details the commitment of the South Carolina Department of Education in improving the educational system in the state. Complaint of too much paperwork and state regulations; Completion of electronic information management system; Steps toward cleaning out regulatory burden.
- Chamber president recognized for dedication to Tech prep ideals. // South Carolina Business Journal;Aug98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p4
Reports that S. Hunter Howard, Junior, president and chief executive officer of the South Carolina (S.C.) Chamber has received the Barbara H. James Award for Outstanding Business/Industry Person from the S.C. Department of Education. Contributions that Howard has made to Tech Prep; Where did the...
- Charter schools conference set for October 26-27. // South Carolina Business Journal;Oct98, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p13
States that in October 1998, the Charter Schools Conference sponsored by the South Carolina Department of Education, will be held at the Adam's Mark Hotel. Dr. Yvonne Chan's, executive director of the Vaughan Next Century Learning Center, role at this conference; Issues to be discussed at this...
- S.C. High Schools Score Poorly On Tests for Federal Accountability. // Education Week;1/27/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that only seven percent of South Carolina high schools met all of their education goals for April 2009, while 59 percent of the state's elementary and middle schools did so because of new tests and a new scoring system.
- Project to address workplace needs. // South Carolina Business Journal;Sep96, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p6
Reports that the board of directors of South Carolina (SC) Chamber of Commerce's Business Center for Excellence in Education voted to join forces with the SC Department of education to address employers' expectations.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE. Britt, Mark E. // SC Musician;Fall2014, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p6
The article presents the author's views on various issues associated with the South Carolina Music Educators Association (SCMEA). It includes works of the Executive board of the SCMEA, the Professional Development Conference that will held in North Charleston, South Carolina from February 5-7,...