On Track: Recovering Game With Deer Search, Inc
- Sweet Recovery. Bailey, Bob // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p83
Describes how a bowhunter trained a Labrador retriever in tracking deer.
- K-9 Detectors. Erdman, Hans L. // Conservationist;Sep/Oct85, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the use of trained police dogs to aid environmental conservation officers in Maine. Use of dogs in locating untagged deer and poached venison; Success of the 1978 canine program pioneered by environmental conservation officer Richard Matzell; Dog training program; Identification of...
- Tracking Dogs. Mueller, Larry // Outdoor Life;Jun/Jul2005, Vol. 212 Issue 6, p148
Focuses on the efforts of hunter John Jeanneney and his group Deer Search Inc. to pursue for the legalization of the use of tracking dogs in deer hunting in New York in 1986. Variations in the rules for using tracking dogs in several U.S. states; Information on his book "Tracking Dogs for...
- Strangers in a Strange Land. Thomas Jr., E. Donnall // Bowhunter;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p14
Relates the experiences of a bowhunter while tracking big game animals.
- Your Link to Great Hunting. Arcaro, Larry // Bowhunter;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p46
Reports on the use of the Internet by hunters to scout for big game.
- Husband, Wife Score. Thompson, Mike // Bowhunter;Aug/Sep2000, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p42
Highlights the number of big game animals harvested by a bowhunter and his wife since 1994.
- Spot & Stalk. Schuh, Dwight // Bowhunter;Aug/Sep2000, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p72
Provides the basics for spot-and-stalk hunting, a universal method used when hunting for big game animals in the mountains or open terrain.
- The Big Game Caper. Wells, Curt // Bowhunter;Jan2001 Special Issue, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p12
Presents tips on how to cape a big game animal.
- FIRST ARCHER HARVESTS NORTH AMERICAN 28 USING RECURVE. // Bowhunter;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p34
The article reports on a record set by a bowhunter in the killing of big game animals in North America.