A Gift For The Soul
- The perfect campsite. Twehous, Jeanne // Backpacker;Jun96, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p36
Discusses the selection of campsites. Asking land management agency for camping regulations; Checking maps for established campsites; Ideal distance between site and trail; Type of surface to choose; Need to search for natural wind blocks. INSET: Pristine camping..
- TOP 3 Native Art Hikes. Bastone, Kelly // Backpacker;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p34
Provides information on several hiking sites in the U.S.
- The camp caretaker. Ezersky, Eugene M. // Camping Magazine;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p18
Focuses the roles and responsibilities of camp caretakers. The skills of the camp caretaker; `On The Road With Great American Camps' audio series; What the audio is about; Caretaking practices. INSET: The graffiti of amateur painters..
- Campgrounds. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/23/94, Vol. 41 Issue 21, Leisure Guide p60
Presents a list of campgrounds in Long Island, New York.
- Campgrounds. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/5/95 Supplement, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p70
Lists campgrounds in Long Island, New York. Contact telephone number; Season; Ownership; Reservations; Acreage; Tent and trailer sites.
- Audubon Ecology Camp. Salmansohn, P. // Country Journal;Jun87, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p60
Hog Island, Maine, is home to a camp founded and run by the National Audubon Society. Description of the camp's accommodations and activities; A typical day; Programs. INSET: Additional information..
- `Hey, I can see my car from here!' Bradley, J.; Foster, L. // Sierra;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p40
Recommends various car-camping campgrounds. Abrams Creek in Tennessee; Eureka Dunes in California; Red Desert in Wyoming; Baxter State Park in Maine; Sawmill Campground in California.
- Beginnings as a religious campground. Agrafiotis, S. // Yankee;Jun87, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p60
What was founded in the mid-1800s as a religious campground consisting only of tent platforms, has grown over the years into an incorporated village of gingerbread cottages overlooking Penobscot Bay. History of Northport Wesleyan Grove Campground in Bayside and description of current community.
- Making swift work of illegal campsites. Lamore, George // Backpacker;Apr96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the removal of illegal campsites at California's Yosemite National Park. Removal of temptations for camping; Loosening of compacted soil.
- Things that go bump in the woods. Rennicke, Jeff // Backpacker;Oct93, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p28
Features different backcountry areas for camping. Mellinger Death Ridge in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee and North Carolina; Cannibal Plateau in Gunnison National Forest, Colorado; Death Gulch in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming; The Witch Tree in Lake Superior, Minnesota;...