- Kayak sailing the Exuma Islands, Bahamas. // Backpacker;Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 8, Trailside p10
Discusses the experience of kayak sailing in the Exuma Islands, Bahamas. Wind characteristics; Features of islands comprising the Exumas; Water clarity.
- Bluewater kayaking: A sport for everyone. Kundu, Nola Syfert // Parks & Recreation;Aug96, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p26
Discusses various aspects of ocean kayaking. Graceful sensation of gliding over sleek, rolling waves; Ease of learning the sport; Major attractions of the sport; Origins of the sport; Suitability of the sport for people who are physically challenged; Safety considerations; Organizations that...
- PADDLE POWER. Woodworth, Lucia // Ranger Rick;Apr2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p40
Presents a photo essay on the kayaking adventure of several youngsters on the Rappahannock River in Northern Virginia.
- A river runs through her. Prouty, Heather // Women's Sports & Fitness;Jun97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p51
Interviews Katharine Haines regarding her views and experiences as a kayaker. How her life changed since she began kayaking; Goals for the future; Her sweetest kayaking moment; Why only few women taken up kayaking; How she deals with fear when kayaking; How do men and women react to fear...
- Otter Bar Lodge. Morrell, V. // Women's Sports & Fitness;May/Jun90, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p36
Describes a week-long beginning kayak course at Northern California's Otter Bar Lodge, the only kayak resort in the US. Details, including cost and who to contact.
- Customize your kayak. Grant, G. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Mar91, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Explains how to custom fit a kayak for less than $40. Gluing wedges to knee braces; Installing hip pads. INSET: What you need (materials)..
- Paddling the PEACE. Pynn, Larry // British Columbia Magazine;Fall2008, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p50
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of kayaking down the Peace River, in British Columbia.
- A whale of a tale. Harryman, Elizabeth; Lasley, Paul // American Fitness;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p67
Focuses on the aspects of kayaking while cruising Alaska's Inside Passage water area along Glacier Bay. Personal experience of the author aboard the M.V. Wilderness ship; Close-up encounters with seals, porpoises and pigeons. INSET: Basic kayaking, by E.H. & P.L..
- Kayaking the world's biggest lakes. // Canadian Geographic;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p20
Announces the presentation of The Royal Canadian Geographical Society flag to the crew of an international kayaking expedition on Lake Superior. Why Superior-Baikal Connect was organized; Its North American and Russian teams; Lake Superior Center in Duluth, Minnesota, and Moscow's Adventure...
- Boats to go. McManus, R. // Sierra;Jul/Aug87, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p51
Looks at `portable' boats. Discusses kayaks, canoes, and rafts which are inflatable or foldable for easy transportation or storage.