IN SEARCH OF GLASS EELS
- Eel-Disposed. JAWOROWSKI, ED // Salt Water Sportsman;Nov2015, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p36
The author offers advice to anglers to use eel imitations frequently, with the common American eel Anguilla rostrata as a staple of the striped bass' diet.
- Eels. Farndon, John // Wild Animals;2003, p27
Eels are long, slimy fish that look like snakes. Baby eels are called elvers. Electric eels of South America can produce an electric shock of over 500 volts. Garden eels live in colonies on the seabed, poking out from holes in the sand to catch food drifting by.
- THE R-EEL DEAL. Bayrock, Fiona // WILD (1492014X);Jun/Jul2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p8
Presents information on several kinds of eel.
- SPORTSMAN'S WORKBENCH. Pfeifer, Robert; Gove, Wendy; Poss, Mira // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar2012, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p40
The article offers reader's suggestions related to their fishing experiences which include one on fishing for stripers with live eels, the other on using two-piece rods and using lures and hooks on the floor.
- THE BLENNY. Deloach, Ned; Deloach, Anna // Sport Diver;Oct2012, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p12
The article offers information on the small fish blenny including the simple stalks and multibranched tufts appendages in its head, the soup made from the giant blenny that produces a momentary slight intoxication and the Indo-Pacific variety that looks and moves like an eel.
- The Eels That Ate Florida. Bowen, Scott // Outdoor Life;Apr2001, Vol. 207 Issue 3, p14
Relates the implications of the migration of Asian eels on the population of fishes in Southeastern Florida and Southern Georgia.
- The Last Norfolk Eel Sett. Simper, Robert // Maritime Life & Traditions;Summer2005, Issue 27, p74
Provides information on eel setts, a commercial approach for eel fishing in Norfolk, England before the 1990s. Process for operating the eel setts; Difference of fyke nets from eel setts; Site of the last eel sett in Norfolk.
- snaking out stripers. Richardson, Tom // Salt Water Sportsman;Sep2005, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p62
Presents an article about striped bass fishing using eels as lures.
- Sand Eels. Mitchell, Ed // Fly Fisherman;Jul2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p42
Presents several patterns and techniques for catching sand eels in Vineyard Sound, Massachusetts. Essence of Northeast saltwater fly fishing; Details on the seasonal movements of striped bass and sand eels; Pulses of migratory stripers.