Local government reform in South Australia
- The Bulletin Morgan poll. // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/11/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6024, p33
Presents political developments in South Australia. Includes the support enjoyed by both Labor and Liberal parties; Difference between the two premier contenders in the polls conducted in 1994; Decline of support for the West Australian Coalition government.
- It's the politics, stupid. Mayne, Robert // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/10/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6050, p19
Reports that South Australian premier Dean Brown was ousted from his position by long-term rival John Olsen in November 1996. Reasons why Brown was ousted.
- Liberals face their own Adelaide test. Richardson, Graham // Bulletin with Newsweek;1/28/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6056, p35
Opinion. Discusses investment, politics, and government in South Australia. Why South Australian Labor Party strategists are confident for their prospects in Adelaide; The fragility of unity within the South Australian Liberal Party; Premier John Olsen leading a deeply divided government; Why...
- "Ordenanzas de gobierno local en la isla de Cuba (1765-1786)". V. K. // Revista de Historia del Derecho;2006, Issue 34, p565
The article "Ordenanzas de gobierno local en la isla de Cuba (1765-1786)," written by Juan B. Amores Carredano and published in 2004 in issue no. 30 of "Revista Chilena de Historia del Derecho," is reviewed.
- Malakoff council starts turning propositions into local law. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);11/21/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 47, p1A
The article reports that the Malakoff City Council approved four propositions in Malakoff, Texas on November 20, 2008, including the three-eighths increase per penny of the sale tax to fund a Crime Control and Prevention District, the one-eighth increase per penny of the sale tax to fund an...
- It's a wrap: 42nd Legislature has successes, failures. // Inside Tucson Business;4/17/95, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the achievements and failures of the state of Arizona's 42nd Legislature. Senator Ann day's remarks on the success of tax relief; Chuck Coughlin's memorandum to Governor Fife Symington; Bills passed by the Legislature.
- Regulations of the Beijing Municipality on the Formulation of Local Laws and Regulations. // Chinese Law & Government;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p85
A summary is presented of the Regulations of the Beijing Municipality on the Formulations of Local Laws and Regulations, February 10, 2001.
- Local government training: A review of the South African experience. Reddy, P.S. // Public Personnel Management;Summer95, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p181
Describes the administrative structures and institutions for the implementation of the Local Government Training Act of 1995. Transfer and execution of training programs to local authorities; Policy structures; Nature of courses and methods; Problem areas in implementation of the act.
- Minnesota to vote on abolishing treasurer. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p27
Focuses on the approval of legislation in the Minnesota House and Senate which will hold a vote concerning efforts to abolish the state treasurer's office. Proposed process for abolishing the office if the voters approve the change; Background to the efforts to abolish the office.