Local government reform in South Australia
- The Bulletin Morgan poll. // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/11/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6024, p33
Presents political developments in South Australia. Includes the support enjoyed by both Labor and Liberal parties; Difference between the two premier contenders in the polls conducted in 1994; Decline of support for the West Australian Coalition government.
- It's the politics, stupid. Mayne, Robert // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/10/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6050, p19
Reports that South Australian premier Dean Brown was ousted from his position by long-term rival John Olsen in November 1996. Reasons why Brown was ousted.
- Liberals face their own Adelaide test. Richardson, Graham // Bulletin with Newsweek;1/28/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6056, p35
Opinion. Discusses investment, politics, and government in South Australia. Why South Australian Labor Party strategists are confident for their prospects in Adelaide; The fragility of unity within the South Australian Liberal Party; Premier John Olsen leading a deeply divided government; Why...
- "Ordenanzas de gobierno local en la isla de Cuba (1765-1786)". V. K. // Revista de Historia del Derecho;2006, Issue 34, p565
The article "Ordenanzas de gobierno local en la isla de Cuba (1765-1786)," written by Juan B. Amores Carredano and published in 2004 in issue no. 30 of "Revista Chilena de Historia del Derecho," is reviewed.
- Five public hearings pending in Saranac Lake. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 111, p2
The article reports that the village Board of Trustees in Saranac Lake, New York voted to set five public hearings on local laws in the area which include one to repeal a temporary retail size cap and another that requires people who want to connect water and sewer to be annexed into the village.
- Malakoff council starts turning propositions into local law. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);11/21/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 47, p1A
The article reports that the Malakoff City Council approved four propositions in Malakoff, Texas on November 20, 2008, including the three-eighths increase per penny of the sale tax to fund a Crime Control and Prevention District, the one-eighth increase per penny of the sale tax to fund an...
- It's a wrap: 42nd Legislature has successes, failures. // Inside Tucson Business;4/17/95, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the achievements and failures of the state of Arizona's 42nd Legislature. Senator Ann day's remarks on the success of tax relief; Chuck Coughlin's memorandum to Governor Fife Symington; Bills passed by the Legislature.
- Regulations of the Beijing Municipality on the Formulation of Local Laws and Regulations. // Chinese Law & Government;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p85
A summary is presented of the Regulations of the Beijing Municipality on the Formulations of Local Laws and Regulations, February 10, 2001.
- Local government training: A review of the South African experience. Reddy, P.S. // Public Personnel Management;Summer95, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p181
Describes the administrative structures and institutions for the implementation of the Local Government Training Act of 1995. Transfer and execution of training programs to local authorities; Policy structures; Nature of courses and methods; Problem areas in implementation of the act.