Taking the "Organized" out of ORC
- Theft prevention. Snow, Trina // FMCG;May2013, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p56
The article offers tips on the best use of security cameras to prevent shop lifting and theft in retail stores. The author states that at least one camera should be able to provide identifiable quality images of everyone entering the store. She states that in most cases, the main doorway is the...
- Networked video systems can offer more than just security for retailers. Ottinger, Terry // Retail Construction Magazine;May/Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p80
The article reports on the advantages of networked video systems for retailers. Among the benefits of retail surveillance using a networked video solution for businesses are preventing crime and maximizing profits. It is noted that the availability of video analytics can also assist retailers in...
- For Independent Retailers, Resources and Common Sense Help Curb Shoplifting. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Oct2011, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p344
The article discusses the strategies of independent retailers in the U.S. to prevent shoplifting. Babetta's Yarn and Gifts owner Babetta Gnos said surveillance cameras are displayed in a prominent location to inform people that her store is under 24-hour surveillance. Pipe Joon of Things...
- 7 Signs it's Time to Upgrade Your Video System. Mesenbrink, John // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3/4, p16
Focuses on the modification of closed-circuit television (CCTV) system. Impact of security market growth on CCTV technology; Considerations in CCTV enhancement; Factors influencing preference for CCTV technology.
- Big Brother cares. Horne, Fiona Russell // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan2002, p3
Comments on the Data Protection Act 1998 concerning the use of closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems in Great Britain for security purposes. Provisions of the act regarding the privacy and respect of an individual; Factors to consider in implementing CCTV systems; Sanctions for unlawful use...
- Notes on CCTV. O'Mara, Deborah L. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2000, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the scalability of closed-circuit television (CCTV) surveillance systems in the United States. Digitization of traditional security; Details on remote monitoring and control of CCTV; Advantages of digital video management and scalability; Impact of scalability on dealers and end-users.
- Using security cameras to safeguard your property. Mest, C. Elliott // Hotel Management (21582122);Jul2012, Vol. 227 Issue 9, p36
The article reports on hoteliers using security cameras to ensure safety for both their guests and the property itself.
- Chicago's blue-light cameras get mixed reviews. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;9/20/2011, p6
The article reports that a study on blue-light cameras in Chicago gives the surveillance cameras a mixed review, saying they appear to have prevented crime in one neighborhood but not in another.
- Messaging Surveillance. // Government Video;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p4
The article presents the author's comments on surveillance video.