It's Time for a Proposal!
- Park cuts' inequity highlighted. Abbott, Jez // Horticulture Week;5/11/2012, p6
The article informs that cuts in the park maintenance budget in Great Britain have affected the departments related to the park welfare in the country.
- Hundreds of posts to go as employer slashes spending. // Nursing Standard;7/11/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p9
A health board in Scotland has drawn up plans to cut 320 nursing and midwifery posts in a bid to make multi-million pound savings next year.
- Divided loyalties in troubled times. Buse, Rodney // Third Sector;1/18/2011, Issue 644, p17
The article offers advise on ways to avoid divided loyalties during trying times including making spending cut decisions, giving higher priority to the staff and the sustainability of the organisation and delivering the best services to beneficiaries.
- Savage higher education cuts 'will see 22, 600 out of work.'. // Education (14637073);7/9/2010, Issue 399, p2
The article discusses a warning from the academic trade union University and College Union (UCU) that proposed educational budget cuts by the British government will result in heavy job losses at British universities and decreased educational quality.
- Taxpayers want local councils to make funding decisions. // Education (14637073);7/9/2010, Issue 399, p4
The article discusses a survey which indicates that most taxpayers would prefer that decisions regarding public spending be made by local council members rather than members of Parliament (MPs) and reveals which public services taxpayers feel should not receive budget cuts.
- Quango purge puts comms jobs at risk. Cartmell, Matt // PRWeek (London);8/20/2010, p11
The article reports that due to the British government's cuts on public spending in 2010, various quasi non-governmental organizations (quango) are due to terminate staff, including those from the Audit Commission, the British Film Council, and the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council.
- The power of live events. Downie, Izania // Event;Nov/Dec2010, Special section p4
The article focuses on the importance of events and live marketing industry amid the challenges and changes. The author stresses that events are essential for companies to inform their employees and customers about their brand development and reputation even if they face budget cuts. She adds...
- Your Department: Community Asset or Liability? MARINUCCI, RICHARD // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p26
The article focuses on the changes in fire service in the U.S. during the recession. The author says that the economic downturn have turned the image of fire departments from being a community asset into a liability due to the budget cuts happening across the nation in 2011. He cites that...
- Cut-backs claim jobs. // International Construction;Jun2011, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the decreased employment in the U.S. construction industry due to public sector cutbacks which lead to layoffs.