Biometrics Use is Gaining Acceptance
- Proposed Collection; Comment Request. Siegel, Aaron // Federal Register;4/2/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 63, p19689
The article focuses on a notice issued by the U.S. Department of Defense regarding solicitation of comments on the proposed public information collection. It states that the proposed collection entitled "Application for Department of Defense Access Card: Defense Biometric Identification System...
- Managing Authentication and Detection Probability in Multi-tag RFID System. Dhal, Subhasish; Basu, Atanu; Gupta, Indranil Sen // Journal of Information Assurance & Security;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p316
Authentication is a necessary requirement for Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology so that only legitimate entities are allowed access of information. The detection probability of an object can be increased by attaching multiple number of tags to the object. However, there can be a...
- Secure to the Touch: Ease Access while Improving Security. McQuaid, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2007, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p68
The article focuses on the security system employed at the Parkview Adventist Medical Center in Brunswick, Maine. It is reported that a single sign on system has been installed at the center. The system allows physicians and clinicians to sign on to the hospital's database quickly and accurately...
- A New Algorithm for Creating Digital Certificate's Private Key from Iris. Shamsi, Mahbubeh; Rasouli Kenari, Abdol Reza; Shadravan, Soudeh; Koropi, Farrokh // Majlesi Journal of Electrical Engineering;Jun2010, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p25
Enterprises are now global, virtual and dependent on dynamic information access. Naturally, digital information is constant throughout its lifecycle. In this shifting landscape, the battlefront in security is rapidly changing from securing the perimeter to protecting the information itself. The...
- Safe as a Bank: Iris Scan Biometrics for Secure Data Access. Kumar, Mohan; Agrawal, Rakhi; Chauhan, Dhruv // Global Finance;May2013, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the utilization of iris scan biometrics for securing data access within in the banking sector. It discusses the significance of the security of confidential and customer data in banking, which may be upheld by the adoption of a robust policy in preventing breach of...
- A World Without Usernames, Passwords? It's Coming, Says USAA Exec. Crosman, Penny // American Banker;2/18/2016, Vol. 181 Issue 32, p1
An interview with senior vice president Gary McAlum of financial services company USAA is presented. Topics discussed by McAlum include the adoption of biometric authentication programs at USAA, security related to identity and access management problem, and the use of facial and voice...
- Nadra annuls 90,000 CNICs. // Flare (Pakistan);4/15/2012, p58
The article reports on the cancellation of 90,000 computerised national identity cards by the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) after the Bio-Metric System's implementation in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- India Biometric Card Planned For Rural Rollout. // CardLine;1/29/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p44
The article reports on the plan to develop a biometric card service from Tripura State Cooperative Bank in the five Indian state villages of Tripura in India.
- State Bank Of India Bets Heavy On Biometric Cards. // CardLine;2/5/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the move of State Bank of India to issue three million biometric cards in the country in 2010 as compliance to the government's mandate to bring financial services to more unbanked consumers.