Water Availability in the Oil Sands under Projections of Increasing Demands and a Changing Climate: An Assessment of the Lower Athabasca Water Management Framework (Phase 1)
- A SUMMARY OF CLIMATE CHANGE IMPACT ASSESSMENTS FROM THE U.S. COUNTRY STUDIES PROGRAM. Smith, Joel B.; Lazo, Jeffrey K. // Climatic Change;Jul2001, Vol. 50 Issue 1/2, p1
Examines the results of climate change impact assessments conducted under the United States Country Studies Program (USCSP). Methods in conducting USCSP impact assessments; Details on climate change scenarios; Classification of the sectors that were affected by climatic changes; Results of...
- Sector joins call for adaptation switch. Wilding, Mark // Planning (14672073);4/2/2010, Issue 1862, p5
The article reports that the Commons environmental audit committee is urging city planners to do more to prepare for the impacts of climatic change in Great Britain.
- Regulators ignore climate change for California dams. Ross, Kate // World Rivers Review;Mar2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p13
The article offers information on the threat of disturbance in the balance between heavy snow in the winter and steady runoff in the spring by changing climate in California.
- ANNEX II: GLOSSARY OF KEY TERMS. Dinshaw, Ayesha; Fisher, Susannah; McGray, Heather; Rai, Neha; Schaar, Johan // OECD Environment Working Papers;12/2/2014, Issue 74, p39
A glossary of terms related to monitoring and evaluation of climate change adaptation is presented.
- Solastalgia and the Gendered Nature of Climate Change: An Example from Erub Island, Torres Strait. McNamara, Karen; Westoby, Ross // EcoHealth;Jun2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p233
This communication focuses on respected older womens' ('Aunties') experiences of climate and other environmental change observed on Australia's Erub Island in the Torres Strait. By documenting these experiences, we explore the gendered nature of climate change, and provide new perspectives on...
- CLIMATE Checkup. Balaguer, Alejandro // Americas;Apr2008, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p44
The article discusses symptoms of global warming evident in Latin America and the Caribbean. The fourth Global Environmental Outlook assessment (GEO-4) issued in 2007 by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) showed that climate change is producing an increase in temperature, a rise in...
- BeNe-EIA: A Bayesian approach to expert judgement elicitation with case studies on climate... Varis, Olli; Kuikka, Sakari // Climatic Change;Nov97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p539
Presents an impact matrix approach which combines information from two environmental impact assessment (EIA) matrices to assess impacts on climatic change. Belief Network approach (BeNe) to EIA; Relationship of expert judgement and climatic change impact assessment to climatology; Description...
- Climate policy planning and development impact assessment. Scrieciu, S.; Chalabi, Zaid // Mitigation & Adaptation Strategies for Global Change;Mar2014, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p255
A foreword to the article "Climate policy planning and development impact assessment" is presented.
- REFERENCES. Dinshaw, Ayesha; Fisher, Susannah; McGray, Heather; Rai, Neha; Schaar, Johan // OECD Environment Working Papers;12/2/2014, Issue 74, p32
No abstract available.