Reading for pleasure
- Where's the Quality? Gothberg, Sharon // MEDSURG Nursing;Aug2000, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p161
Provides information on the analysis issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) on the health system performance around the world. Status of health care system in the United States and other countries; Indicators used in the assessment; Role of nurses in disseminating information regarding...
- Health today and tomorrow. Cote, Marcel // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p60
Compares the healthcare network of Canada with the health system in the U.S. Rank of Canada in the 1997 World Health Organization Study on healthcare performance; Significance of the Romanow Commission on the Future of Health Care in Canada to the healthcare system of Canada; Description of the...
- WHO Report: the debate continues. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Jun2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the criticism faced by the report 'World Health Report 2000,' issued by the World Health Organization as of June 2001. Limitations of the agency's assessment of health systems.
- SPENDING #1, PERFORMANCE #37. Baxandall, Phineas // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2001, Issue 235, p38
Presents an assessment report from the World Health Organization (WHO) on the health care system of several countries around the world. Basis of the assessments; Rank of the United States in the spending and performance categories; Details on how the higher-ranked health-care systems work.
- European health policy: Must redefine its raison d'etre. Richards, Tessa // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/29/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7047, p1622
Editorial. Comments on the drafting of the Ljubljana Charter by the World Health Organization (WHO) that will be utilized by countries from Europe for the improvement of the health care delivery system. Health care reforms needed by the European nations; Increasing costs of health care services.
- Aid for Yugoslavia. Middleton, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/14/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6803, p603
Reports on the plans of a collaborating center for the World Health Organization's Europe Health Cities and Health for All in Zagreb, Yugoslavia. Conflict between Serbian and Croatian doctors; Proposals of non-political campaign; Disappointments of several doctors.
- WHO at country level--a little impact, no strategy. Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/17/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6969, p1636
Examines the role of World Health Organization on managing or delivering health care. Aim to help countries to build health care infrastructure and professional expertise; Avoidance on the charge of neocolonial interventionalism; Dependence on the receptiveness and effectiveness of national...
- Improving health systems' performance. Brundtland, Gro Harlem // OECD Observer;Nov2001, Issue 229, p4
Focuses on the need to improve the health systems of various countries. Influence of the good health of nations on human development and economic growth; Role of the World Health Organization in enhancing the performance of health systems; Comparison between the performance of health systems...
- WHO in Europe: Does it have a role? Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/11/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6976, p389
Comments on the role of the World Health Organization (WHO) in administering health care in Europe. Pressure from various critics for WHO to justify its existence; Renewed sense of purpose of WHO after the disintegration of the Soviet bloc; Call on WHO to shift from its concentration on...