A manufacturing model of an end mill using a five-axis CNC grinding machine
- Improving Quality and Lowering Mold Component Cost. Smith, Jeffrey // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Mar2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p37
The article offers ideas for manufacturers on ways to improve quality and reduce mold component cost when implementing special grinding process technology and computer numerical control (CNC) equipment. It explains the relevance and benefits of special grinding processes and proprietary diamond...
- The BENEFITS of Vertical Thread Grinding. ALBERT, MARK // Modern Machine Shop;Dec2013, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p85
The article discusses how holding a workpiece in vertical position improves numerous aspects of thread grinding, and how vertical thread grinding changes the way precision leadscrew-type parts are produced. Included in the list of benefits are easy maneuverability, enhanced computer numerical...
- Dimensional error analysis and its intelligent pre-compensation in cnc grinding. Xincheng Tian; Huissoon, J.; Qing Xu; Bo Peng // International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology;Feb2008, Vol. 36 Issue 1/2, p28
Dimensional error appears nonlinearly in the computer numerical control (CNC) grinding process. The analysis of dimensional error variation for CNC grinding of cutter inserts is presented in this paper. A new intelligent error pre-compensation technique, the intelligent CNC system structure with...
- Thirty years of hurt. Lehnen, Klaus // Product Finishing;Nov2000, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p11
Deals with trends in the polishing industry. Mechanical finishing operation using buffs; Rotary table machines; Robot polishing cells; Application systems.
- CHAPTER 17 Grinding Methods and Machines. // T & P: Tooling & Production;May2002, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p40
Presents excerpts of the book 'Cutting Tool Applications,' by George Schneider Jr., which deals with methods and machine tools used in grinding. Information on four types of surface grinders used in the industry; Causes of the wear of a grinding wheel; Factors to consider in establishing...
- A Manufacturing Model for Ball-End Mill Gashing Based on a CAM System. Fei Tang; Min Jin; Xiaofeng Yue; Zhanhua You; Shuzhe Li; Xiaohao Wang // Open Mechanical Engineering Journal;2012, Vol. 6, p12
To facilitate the manufacturing of a ball-end mill, this paper presents an algorithm for ball-end mills gashing by using a five-axis computer numerical control (CNC) grinding machine. In this study, the normal helix models are proposed. Then, based on the cutting edge geometric model and the...
- CNC grinding knows no bounds. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Sep2002, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p24
Describes computer numerical control grinding. Use of Studer's pictogramming software; Number of precise radii that require wheel reconfiguration or change; Relationship of the centerline location of eccentric with respect to the part plane.
- The expanding role of simulation. Jacobs, Bryan // T & P: Tooling & Production;Jul2005, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the use of information gathered during numerical control (NC) program simulation throughout the company for purposes outside the NC programming department. Benefits of using the data created by computer numerical control (CNC) machine simulation technology; Features of the virtual...
- CNC Grinding Cell Cuts Leadtimes For Progressive Die Maker
Shops Using Technology. Zelinski, Peter C.; Bok, Lori; Steigerwald, Shauna R. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep2004, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p110
Focuses on the use of multi-computer numerical control (CNC) grinding machines in the manufacturing processes of L.H. Carbide based in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Capabilities of the machines; Advantages of the approach; Features of the CNC surface grinder from Jones & Shipman.