Maryland School of Pharmacy, XLHealth team up on medication management project
- NRMCA, MARYLAND ANNOUNCE CONCRETE RESEARCH CENTER. // Concrete Products;Jul2004, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the research cooperation agreement between the University of Maryland's Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (UM-CE) and the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) in July 2004, which aims to establish the Center For Concrete Research. Purpose of the...
- OU can start transition to green energy by working with area SOPEC group. Babrow, Austin // Athens News;7/23/2015, p6
The author discusses on the collaboration between the Ohio University (OU) and the Southeast Ohio Public Energy Council (SOPEC). He adds that the Council aims to develop locally sourced renewable energy and praises OU's vice president Joe Lalley's comment for the collaboration. According to the...
- Curriculum Matters. Euben, Donna R. // Academe;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p86
Presents information on programs created to introduce freshmen to intellectual life on campus. Details on the book selected for the 2002 program; Reasons behind the federal district's decision to deny the request of the plaintiff for injunctive relief; Reading program launched by the University...
- TOP SCIENTISTS VISIT SCHOOLS AS PART OF USA SCIENCE & ENGINEERING FESTIVAL'S EFFORTS TO IGNITE YOUTH INTEREST IN MATH AND SCIENCES. // Hispanic Engineer & Information Technology;Spring2012, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the move of top scientists in the U.S. to visit the Bio Park at the University of Maryland Baltimore as part of the USA Science & Engineering Festival's effort to encourage students to choose careers in science, technology, math and engineering.
- Penthouse loaded with the works. // Contractor Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the heating, ventilation and air conditioning project at the University of Maryland's new Health Services Building that centralizes most mechanical control systems in a massive penthouse. Cost of sheet metal work; Names of contractors; Measurement of air leakage in the entire system.
- Endowment wants manager, consultant. // Pensions & Investments;2/17/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p4
Reports that University if Maryland officials are looking for a domestic equity manager and a consultant for an endowment. What the school's investment committee is required to do; Possibility that the allocation may be lowered.
- U. of Maryland boosts retail $. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p8
Reports on increased sales in 1997 for the University of Maryland of $26 million, by promoting its non-traditional retail options. Increase of retail sales at the stadium; Introduction of Mexican tacos; Opening of a recreation center in February, 1997: Commets from Patricia Higgins, food...
- U. of Maryland's new high-tech library. // Architectural Record;Jan1997, Vol. 184 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on the design and construction of the Health Sciences Library and Information Sciences Building at the University of Maryland. Expected outcome of the project; Program elements linked to computer technology.
- Md. scholarship case headed to Supreme Court. // Education Week;2/1/95, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p20
Reports on the plan of University of Maryland officials to ask the United States Supreme Court to review an appeals-court ruling on the case `Podberesky v. Kirwan' declaring the school's race-exclusive scholarship program illegal. Details of the case.