- Hope For Clarity In This Season Of Confusion. // Business Journal (Central New York);9/27/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p27
Editorial. Comments on the economic conditions in the U.S. Rate of unemployment; Level of the stock market; Allies of the nation.
- With economy holding strong, many investors standing pat. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;10/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 234, p18
States that people in the United States are not very worried about the stock market in 1997, even after its crash in late October. Economic conditions in the US which give rise to optimism; Comments from Thomas O'Hara, chairman of the National Association of Investors; How most investors...
- Markets' knee-jerk reaction to the Federal Reserve hike. Auer // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/99, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on developments related to the stock market in the United States as of November 22, 1999. Includes the market's reactions to the US Federal Reserve's raising of interest rates; Indianapolis, Indiana-based companies' stock market performance.
- All this bull about stocks getting hard to bear. // Inside Tucson Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 10 Issue 52, p5
No abstract available.
- Stock market downturn actually predictor of better times. Gerrie, Sharon // Las Vegas Business Press;04/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p21
Discusses the reasons for the stock market downturn on April 14, 2000 and the market crash's implications for the United States economy. Release of the consumer price index; Tax payment cash-out; Inflation fears; Skepticism over the dot-com technology stocks.
- Take a look at our sleek free-market economy. Khol, Ronald // Machine Design;11/19/98, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p6
Discusses articles in newspapers regarding the United States economy. View on the stock market; Asset selling of valuable companies; Personal bankruptcy as financial-planning tool.
- Fear Factor. Maggs, John // National Journal;8/3/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p2294
Provides information on the U.S. stock market as of August 2002. Events in the market predicted by stock market analyst Henry Weingarten; Reason for the importance of consumer confidence on stock exchanges; Factors that affect consumer confidence.
- Local economists bullish on stock market in 1997. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/13/97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p15
Reports on Westchester, New York economists' bullish attitude on the stock market in 1997. Role of the world economy in boosting the United States economy; Anticipation of gross domestic product growth; Short-term interest rates; Small-capitalization stocks; Advice to investors.
- Still Constructive. Evans, C. Frazier // LAN: Life Association News;Mar1999, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p20
Offers a look at the economic activity in the United States for the year 1999. Information on the bond market; Insights on the stock market.