They'll Prepay for This
- Ginnie Mae Proposal and 50 Basis Point Fed Rate Cut Surprise Market. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p5
Reports on developments in the U.S. mortgage-related bond market as of November 11, 2002. Reduction in minimum number of basis points that issuers of federally-guaranteed mortgages must set aside for servicing; Standards for efficiency.
- Louisiana agency's large deal due to carryforward plan. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p40
Reports on the Louisiana Housing Finance Agency's (LHFA) efforts to convince the bonds market to digest $69.2 million of single-family mortgage revenue debt. Utilization of $20 million in bonds to recycle borrower prepayment accounts; Presence of $30 million in prepayment accounts on mortgage...
- THE BOND MARKET ASSOCIATION NOTIFICATION AND SETTLEMENT DATES (8/01). // National Mortgage News;03/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p6
Provides information on the notification dates of different mortgage bonds in the United States as reported by the Bond Market Association. Classifications and settlement dates of the mortgage bonds.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p31
Presents news items concerning the bond market in Southwestern States. Appointment of Salomon Smith Barney Inc. and Stephens Inc. as senior managing underwriting team of Arkansas' single-family home bond program; Appointment of Milroy Alexander as executive director of the Colorado Housing and...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p34
The article presents information on the status of legislation affecting the bond market in the U.S. compiled as of February 21, 2006. Legislative bills that have been signed into law include The Hurricane Katrina Tax Relief Act of 2005 or eased use of single-family mortgage revenue bonds in...
- Linked to bond rates, mortgages get boost from inflation. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p7
Discusses how United States interest rates affect a single-family mortgage revenue bond. Methods used to account for interest rates; Possibility that issuers may not be able to meet all the demand for mortgage bonds; Reason why housing authorities issue on the short term; Unused proceeds calls;...
- Online MBS Trading Lags Behind Other Sectors of the Bond Market. Cornwell, Ted // National Mortgage News;8/27/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 47
Reports the lack of acceptance and use of mortgage-related bonds among individual investors despite growth of online trading of bonds in Massachusetts. Percentage of bond invested online; Obstacles in selling mortgage bond to retail investors; Keys to develop the market for retail sale of bonds.
- Mortgage Banking Development in the Slovak Republic. M�ckov�, Vikt�ria; Hrnciarov�, L'ubica // Housing Finance International;Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p20
This article analyzes the development of mortgage banking and bond system in Slovak Republic. It provides information on issues related to mortgage loans and mortgage bond system enacted in Slovakia in 1996. It explains the main features and basic characteristics of covered mortgage bonds. It...
- Spate of par calls may cost utility investors dearly. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/13/99, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p10
Focuses on the effects of recent par calls by utility bond issuers on the public utility bond market in the United States. Changes in the utilities' vertically integrated mass structure; Utilities planning to call at par their previously issued mortgage bonds.