First Union's New Hires to Focus on N.Y., Chicago
- Benefits Group at Wachovia Hires 2 Execs from Schwab . // American Banker;2/20/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 34, p7
Reports the hiring of executives from Charles Schwab and Co. by the First Union in Charlotte, North Carolina. Selection of Tim Butler to be the vice president of the Southwest and Kris Meader Story; Focus on the expansion of retirement services team of the company; Assessment on the retirement...
- FINANCE. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p7
Reports developments related to financial institutions in San Diego, California. Definitive purchase agreement between First Union Bank and Metro Corp Bancshares Inc., parent firm to MetroBank; Introduction of Green Account, a combined mortgage-checking-savings by Pacific Trust Bank; Several...
- First Union scrambles international execs but says it's not a retreat. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;3/12/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 48, p4
Focuses on the reorganization of the senior management employees at the international unit of First Union Corp. Reason for reorganization; Employee layoffs; Closure of London, England trading operations.
- Tech Management Shakeup at First Union. // American Banker;2/15/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 32, p11
Reports on First Union Corp.'s announcement of managerial changes aimed to reforming its technology and operations division. Positions and responsibilities given to Sue Perrotty, David Carrol and Austin Adams.
- Finding ways to upload First Union's Net profit. // Business North Carolina;May2000, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p68
Profiles David Carroll, chief electronic-commerce officer of First Union Corp. His goal for First Union; Educational and career background of Carroll; Ways on how the company stretch its capital.
- First Union's Top Strategist Is a Tested 'Bear' Wrestler. ACKERMANN, MATT // American Banker;12/22/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 245, p7
Discusses the significance of First Union's appointment of Rod Smyth as chief investment strategist for its brokerage unit in Richmond, Virginia. First Union's aim to take a proactive step against an economic slowdown; Smyth's expertise in navigating economic slumps in Asia and Europe.
- In Brief: 1st Union Hires Exec In Capital Managing. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;1/26/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 18, p7
Reports on First Union Corp.'s hiring of William L. Spitz to be managing director of financial planning in the company's capital management group. Spitz's previous position at KPMG; Responsibilities at First Union.
- First Union-Wachovia Execs Appointed . Boraks, David // American Banker;4/25/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 79, p2
Reports that First Union Corp. and Wachovia Corp. have selected the executives who would oversee the combined core banking operations after First Union closes its deal to buy Wachovia. Plan to divide the companies retail bank into six regions; Other management staff appointments.
- CFO's Journey from Repairman to Salesman . Boraks, David // American Banker;4/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 61, p1
Reports on the appointment of Robert Kelly to chief financial officer at First Union Corp. in North Carolina. Career background; Job responsibility; Contributions of Kelly in the company.