Syracuse's CGH Taken Off S&P Watch
- Community General Hospital introduces breast center for women. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;11/10/97, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p11B
Reports on Syracuse, New York-based Community General Hospital's opening of Wellspring: The Breast Center for Women. Objectives of the care center; Services offered; Contact information.
- Upstate pursues acquisition of Community General. Reinhardt, Eric // Business Journal (Central New York);7/2/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on talks between SUNY Upstate Medical University officials and their counterparts at the Community General Hospital in Syracuse, New York about the acquisition of the hospital on Onondaga Hill or some other arrangement.
- New law allows Upstate University Hospital to manage CGH pension plan. Reinhardt, Eric // Business Journal (Central New York);4/8/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p9
The article reports on the approval of a bill by lawmakers that help move the acquisition of Community General Hospital (CGH) by Upstate University Hospitals Syracuse, New York in 2011. The bill enables Upstate to provide an additional retirement alternative to all CGH employees who will...
- Syracuse's Community General Downgraded. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p4
Announces the downgrading of the long-term bond rating of Community General Hospital of Greater Syracuse by Moody's Investors Service in Syracuse, New York. Rank of the hospital to the watch list; Decision of Crouse Health Hospital to file for bankruptcy protection; Decline of the operating...
- Prostate seed-implantation program available. // Business Journal (Central New York);8/9/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p4B
Reports on the brachytherapy procedure performed at the Community General Hospital in Syracuse, New York for patients with prostate cancer. Use of radioactive materials for the procedure; Advantages associated with the procedure for the patient.
- Upstate Medical closes on Community General acquisition. Reinhardt, Eric // Business Journal (Central New York);7/8/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p4
The article reports that Community General Hospital (CGH), located at 4900 Broad Road in the town of Onondaga, New York, has a new official owner and a new name. It notes that the said hospital has been called as the Upstate University Hospital at Community General. It states that the Public...
- Community General Hospital installs improved pharmacy robot. Reinhardt, Eric // Business Journal (Central New York);12/5/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p3
The article reports on the new automated machine deployed at the Community General Hospital in Syracuse, New York. Elizabeth Szymaniak, pharmacy director at the hospital, said that the new pharmacy robot replaced the previous automated pharmacy station (APSI) machine to save more time and costs....
- Upstate, Community General work to finalize merger by summer. REINHARDT, ERIC // Business Journal (Central New York);2/4/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p7
The article focuses on the proposed acquisition of Community General Hospital, located in Syracuse, New York by the State University of New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University, located in Syracuse. It states that the merger is expected to be finalized in 2011. Dr. John McCabe, Chief executive...
- Crouse Hospital focuses on its own future. REINHARDT, ERIC // Business Journal (Central New York);9/10/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the plan of Crouse Hospital to merge with Community General Hospital in dealing with elements of health care reforms in Syracuse, New York. Dr. Paul Kronenberg, chief executive officer (CEO) of Crouse Hospital, says that the hospital will continue to focus on its...