Denver Council May Be Willing To Send Hotel Issue to Voters
- Organized labor wants you--but do you want it? McLaughlin, John // Restaurant Business;4/10/94, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the labor movement of the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union (HEREIU). Organizing the nation's casinos; Louisiana Restaurant Association (LRA) sponsored anti-labor union movement; Wages at the Southern gambling joints.
- Boycott launched against L.A.'s New Otani Hotel. // Hotel & Motel Management;2/5/96, Vol. 211 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees' boycott of the New Otani Hotel & Garden in Los Angeles, California.
- Labor, management team up at Pittsburgh hotel. // Lodging Hospitality;Nov96, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p11
Describes the paid-time-off and problem solving committee features of the contract between the Doubletree Hotel in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union Local 57. Number of paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday leaves.
- Marriott workers unionize after long debate. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/6/96, Vol. 211 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the agreement by California's San Francisco Marriott hotel to let the city's Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union represent its employees.
- Feds oversee hotel union. // Lodging Hospitality;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p13
Reports that the Department of Justice has placed the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees International Union under federal supervision. Reason for the monitoring.
- Radisson, unions end eight-year struggle. Seal, Kathy // Hotel & Motel Management;12/11/95, Vol. 210 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the ratification of a contract between Radisson Plaza VII Hotel Minneapolis and the unions Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees and Local 638 of the Teamsters Union. End of court battles and rallies; Arrest of union supporters during a demonstration; Joint commitment to pursuing...
- Union, convention center still debating wages and benefits. Clanton // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p14
Focuses on the debate on wages and benefits between the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, and the Hotel Employee and Restaurant Employee International Union. Resolution of issue on the designation of an employee cafeteria at the convention center; Convention center's...
- Hotel, restaurant union members arrested in protest. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/17/97, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p76
Reports on the arrest of several members of Local 100 of the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees Union during a protest outside the Travelers Group/Smith Barney headquarters in Manhattan, New York City on November 6, 1997. Protest against the refusal of Smith Barney and Aramark Corp. to...
- Hawaiian hotels settle. Cimini, Michael H.; Muhl, Charles J. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep95, Vol. 118 Issue 9, p47
Reports on the five-year labor contract between the Hawaii Hotel Council and Local 5 of the Hotel Employees and restaurant Employees. Benefit improvements; Wage increase provisions; Changes in grievance and arbitration procedures.