The Windfall in Wisconsin
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields . // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p40
Presents statistics on market rates of short-term tax-exempt securities according to various financial information service providers as of October 26, 2001. Rates of 30-day commercial paper in the market according to Municipal Market Data during the month; Market municipal index of securities...
- Muni bonding at First Albany. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/04/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p6
Comments on the performance of First Albany Corporation. Effect of gyrating interest rates on the performance of First Albany; Views of Art Murphy, muni bond chief at First Albany Corporation.
- First Albany appoints former principal banker. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p3
Focuses on First Albany Corp.'s appointment of executives as part of an expansion of its office in Chicago, Illinois. Hiring of Frank Paul as the firm's public finance banker; Comment by Ken Gibbs, co-director of First Albany's municipal finance division.
- First Albany opens Virginia office with an eye on taxable muni growth. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p25
Reports on First Albany Corp.'s opening of an office for its municipal bond operations in Virginia, as part of an effort to expand its footprint and specialty areas across the United States. Staffing of the office; First Albany's clients who issue taxable municipals; Locations of First Albany's...
- Becoming A Boutique. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/28/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 41, p36
Reports that investment bank First Albany Corp. in the U.S. is redeveloping itself to become one of the prominent investment banking boutiques in the country. Financial details of the company; Role of Robert Gales, executive managing director in the company; People who have been hired by the...
- First Albany Pays to Stay. // On Wall Street;Apr2000, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p14
Reveals that First Albany Corp. has begun paying annual bonuses to brokers who stay with the firm. Number of financial consultants employed by First Albany; Turnover rate of brokers; Details on the bonus plan.
- Los Angeles seeks Fitch's opinion on $100 million in GOs, COPs. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;08/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30705, p36
Reports on the plan of Los Angeles, California to sell $60 million in general obligation bonds. Negotiation for the sale of certificates of participation through First Albany Corp.
- First Albany's image issue. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30811, p1
Discusses the efforts of New York, New York-based underwriter First Albany Corp. to clear its image with the public. Attempt to eliminate its image as a mere regional player; Bond sales managed by the company from 1998 to 1999.
- PeopleSoft stung by security flaws. Greenberg, Ilan // InfoWorld;10/23/95, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p20
Reports on an analyst study from the First Albany Corp. which alleges that PeopleSoft Inc.'s line of client/server applications suffer from serious security flaws. Vulnerability of its user's application password methodological as the cause of the weakness; PeopleSoft executives' response to...