Auditor Puts 'Big Dig' $100 Million Short on Completion
- HIGHWAY QUALITY AWARDS. // Public Roads;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p30
Provides information on the winners at the 2002 National Partnership for Highway Quality (NPHQ) and discusses the programs of the NPHQ. Renew Expressway Improvement Project in Pennsylvania; Large-scale design-build process of the Maryland State Highway Administration; Details of the Interstate...
- CANA frees up historic Charlestown: U.S. heavy-led venture takes traffic underground. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/24/94, Vol. 232 Issue 4, F.W. Dodge Construction p75
Reports on the status of construction at the Massachusetts Highway Department's (MHD) Central Artery North Area (CANA) project in Charlestown. Perini Corp.'s US Heavy Division as contractor; Engineering specifications; Traffic management schemes; Performance assessment of partnership formed by...
- Meeting in the middle in Bordentown. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/24/94, Vol. 232 Issue 4, F.W. Dodge Construction p91
Reports on the status of construction of the Interstate 295 system in Bordentown, New Jersey. Environmental considerations; Engineering specifications; Perini Corp. as contractor; Composite bridge design; Innovations in transport and erection.
- Big Dig's Big Price Tag May Lead Lawmakers to Halt Federal Funds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30884, p1
Reports that the federal government should not contribute more money to Boston, Massachusetts' Big Dig project. Need for Massachusetts to pick the rest of the expenses if costs continue to escalate; Reasons for limiting federal funding.
- IRF to argue the case for roads. // International Construction;Jun97, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p68
Presents issues related to road construction to be discussed on the 13th International Road Federation (IRF) World Meeting in Toronto, Canada. Importance of road networks; Increase on the demand for road mobility; Job opportunities during the construction process; Need of extensive...
- Urban legend. Carty, Gerry; Wynne, Ciarán; Cox, Eamon; McGuinness, Cian; Kearney, Paula; Peribanez, Jaime; O'Sullivan, Jerry // Engineers Journal;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p36
The article features the M6 Galway to Ballinasloe, one of the largest road projects in Ireland which was opened on December 18, 2009. The scheme reportedly has many benefits to Galway and West Ireland, including shorter journeys between Dublin and Galway, reliability, comfort and safety for...
- Bridging the Big Dig. // Christian Science Monitor;3/22/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 81, p12
Comments on the Big Dig, the highway renovation project in Boston, Massachusetts, and discusses the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge.
- Highway happenings. // Overdrive;Aug94, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p66
Presents several developments in highway construction and maintenance in the United States. Financial incentives for repair work in California; Weight limitations on arterial streets in Chicago, Ill.; Interstate 70 resurfacing in Missouri; Funding for high-occupancy-vehicle (HOV) lane...
- Minister blames planning. // Motor Transport;3/27/2003, p12
Deals with the comments made by John Spellar, transport minister about the government's investment on road improvements in England. Criticism on the government's policy towards congestion and projects; Factor attributed to the delay in road building projects.