ArvinMeritor demonstrates its Class 8 technologies
- House eyes mandatory EOBRs. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2009, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p16
The article reports that the U.S. House of Representatives is seeking mandatory adoption of electronic onboard recorders (EORBS) on all commercial motor vehicles. This initiative is part of a 775-page legislation titled Surface Transportation Authorization Act of 2009 which seeks a long-term...
- Disciplined Approach. Skydel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
Editorial. Discusses the growth strategies of commercial vehicle manufacturer ArvinMeritor. Investment in technology; Commitment to research and development; Development of systems for vehicle management.
- ArvinMeritor Offers Enhanced High-Output Brakes for Heavy Duty Vehicles. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p34
Introduces ArvinMeritor's enhanced drum brakes for heavy-duty commercial vehicles. Features; Performance.
- ArvinMeritor building CVS facility in Mexico. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2007, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p11
The article reports that ArvinMeritor Inc. will open a new Commercial Vehicle Systems (CVS) operation in Monterrey, Mexico. Scheduled to start in May 2008, the Mexico facility will provide additional production capacity for its axle and brake assembly operations and component manufacture. Other...
- ArvinMeritor plans to close Ohio facility. // Refrigerated Transporter;Oct2005, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p49
Reports on ArvinMeritor Inc.'s decision to close its Mayfield Village, Ohio commercial vehicle aftermarket distribution facility to streamline its North American parts distribution system. Anticipated year of completion of the closure; ArvinMeritor's acquisition of Euclid Industries.
- Illinois Officials Break Ground On Chicago High-Speed Rail Project In Englewood. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;10/12/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p3
The article reports on the move of U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood to help start the Englewood Flyover project that will build a bridge that separates the traffic along two railroads in Englewood, Illinois.
- Cross-border plan unveiled. Crissey, Jeff; Dunn, Jill // Overdrive;Feb2011, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the proposal of U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood in giving the U.S. Congress and Mexico a cross-border Mexican trucking program.
- ATA supports commercial driver texting ban proposal. // Bulk Transporter;May2010, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the support of the American Trucking Associations (ATA) to the proposal of Department of Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood in prohibiting text messaging on handheld devices by interstate commercial truck and bus drivers in the U.S.
- White House Principles Sought for Measure. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;6/14/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33332, p5
The article reports on the concerns expressed by Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood regarding the failure of President Barack Obama's administration to release reauthorization principles in the U.S.