Eaton hybrid systems achieve 30 million-plus miles of service
- Eaton hybrids chalk up 100 million miles. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2011, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that customers of Eaton hybrid systems have made over 100 million miles of service and cut fuel usage by four million gallons of diesel fuel and hazardous emissions by 40,000 metric tons, according to Eaton Corporation in January 2011.
- Hybrid recovery vehicle debuts at Daytona 500. // Waste & Recycling News;3/16/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p17
The article reports that International DuraStar 4300, a hybrid-powered race recovery vehicle quietly made history clearing wreckage and keeping the action moving at the Daytona 500 which was held in February 2009. According to Eaton Corp., the company that makes the diesel-electric hybrid system...
- Hybrid Trucks Take Off. Himmelspach, Jake // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/8/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p8
The article reports on the release of hybrid commercial truck called DuraStar Hybrid from Eaton Corp. and Navistar. Features of DuraStar include more than 60 percent fuel savings, use of batteries for bucket and boom operation, and reduced emissions. Truck sales manager for International Truck...
- Hydraulic regenerative braking improves large-truck fuel economy. Wiebusch, Bruce // Design News;6/17/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p69
Reports that Ford Motor Company and Eaton Corp. introduced a regenerative braking system called the hydraulic launch assist (HLA) as of June 2002. Information on the HLA system; Functions of the HLA system featured on the Ford's F350 Tonka concept truck; Details of Ford, Eaton and the U.S....
- PACCAR, EATON PLAN HEAVY-DUTY HYBRIDS. // Overdrive;Oct2007, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p22
The article evaluates the heavy-duty hybrid commercial trucks from Paccar Inc. and Eaton Corp. including the Paccar PX-6, Model 335s, and Model 320.
- International, Eaton to build hybrid utility trucks. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 161 Issue 11, p27
Reports that International Truck and Engine Corp. and Eaton Corp. have announced a pilot program to put 20 hybrid international utility trucks on the road in 2005. Description of hybrid engines; Features of an Eaton hybrid-electric drivetrain; Function of its electric motor during light...
- Poised for Hybrids. Visnic, Bill // Ward's Auto World;Dec2004, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p26
Presents information on the hybrid-technology for commercial vehicles being developed at a technical center of Eaton Corp. in Galesburg, Michigan. Comparison between the company's hybrid electric vehicle architecture and hydraulic launch assist (HLA); Background on the company; Advantages of HLA.
- Hydraulic hybrid garbage truck trashes energy waste. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;May2009, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p12
The article features the latest addition to the hybrid cars, a Peterbilt Model 320 refuse collection truck in Denver, Colorado. It discusses the city's dedication and commitment to a green energy and fuel-saving operations, the truck is designed with a hydraulic launch assist system provided by...
- Two hybrids to go. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2003, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p66
Deals with the development of a hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) by Eaton Corp. in November 2003. Mechanical and engine specifications of the HEV; Features and components of the vehicle; Number of delivery trucks ordered by FedEx Express using Eaton's hybrid technology.