Carriers remain slow to buy new equipment: TCP survey
- Networks to Serve Europe and the World. Harps, Leslie Hansen // Transportation & Distribution;Feb2000, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on the global model supply chain management and its impact to the industry of transportation and distribution. Mission of the global supply chain operation; Challengers that managers should consider in the global supply chain; Details on the supply chain management in Europe; Discussion...
- Wading Into the Skeptic Tank. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Jul2002, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p40
Provides information on Ward's 24th Annual Supplier Survey concerning the automobile industry. Priorities of supplier concerning product development program; Automobile maker that makes use of its suppliers' full capabilities; Percentage of suppliers that believe automobile makers will not cut...
- Telecom carriers see upswing in spending. // Lightwave;Dec2003, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p42
Reports on the responses of telecom-carrier to the Optical Networking Equipment Survey 2003. Need for the increased spending on the equipment of telecommunications; Indication that the 2003 purchase of DWDM equipment would increase over the 2002 purchases; Shift in the optical-networking products.
- Which leadership style do you think works best in procurement? // Supply Management;Jan2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the results of a survey about the leadership style which procurement professionals think work best in procurement in Great Britain. Majority of buyers believe that democracy is the best style of leadership. Other leadership styles in the field of procurement are...
- Procurers stumped when picking energy-saving kit. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Apr2016, Issue 494, p37
The article reports on the survey of procurement managers which revealed their reluctance on procuring more efficient lighting, energy, and heating equipment, citing that energy-efficiency promotion schemes appear not to have had much impact.
- Are you taking a pro-active approach? Secker, Matthew // Telecommunications - International Edition;May2001, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p82
Focuses on the increased use of electronic procurement (e-procurement) by companies based on the June 2000 PricewaterhouseCoopers business-to-business survey of European purchasing managers and company board members. Pros and cons of using the system; E-procurement software innovations;...
- Commodity play: U.S. businesses seek broader range of services from energy suppliers. // Electric Light & Power;May2000, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p40
Focuses on an increase in the number of businesses interested in buying energy-related products and services from their electricity suppliers in the United States. Results of a national survey by RKS Research & Consulting; Decline of offerings from energy sources; Gap between expectations and...
- Utilities Industry Speaks Out on E-procurement. // Pulp & Paper;Feb2003, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p39
Presents information on the result of the 2002 utility electronic procurement exchange survey conducted on electric utilities and sponsored by Integrated Strategies. Aim of the survey; Views of electric utility executives regarding electronic auctions.
- Are buyers on a pay rise to the top? O'Brien, Liam // Supply Management;5/26/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the salaries of senior purchasing managers in Great Britain. Results of wage surveys; Comparison with the salaries of executives from other business areas.