Adverse cardiovascular response to oral trimeprazine in children
- Once-daily antihypertensive/anti-anginal Rx works according to circadian rhythm patterns. // Modern Medicine;Apr96, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the marketing approval for verapamil hydrochloride, commercially known as Covera-HS, given by the United States Food and Drug Administration. Use of verapamil for the management of hypertension and angina pectoris; Dosage; Adverse effects.
- Is it time to retire niacin? // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Jan2012 Pharmacology, p2
The article reports on several factors and evidences which suggest that the continued use of drug niacin should be discarded, including its inefficacy in supporting the intensive statin therapy used for curing cardiovascular disease, its high cost and frequent incidences of flushing due to its...
- Nateglinide does not reduce CV events in patients with impaired glucose tolerance. // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p54
The article reports on a study which found that nateglinide does not prevent cardiovascular (CV) events in patients with impaired glucose tolerance.
- THE REGIONAL TREATMENT OF THROMBOPHLEBITIS. Blum, Lester // Angiology;Jun1953, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p214
Describes a refractory case of septic thrombophlebitis in which the direct infusion of heparin and penicillin into the affected veins improved recovery. Possibility of pulmonary embolism as a complication; Basis of current treatment options; Advantage of the drug administration method used over...
- Individual Drugs. // WHO Drug Information;2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p156
Discusses issues concerning drug safety and efficacy. Role of statins in primary prevention; Management of noncommunicable diseases; Strategy to reduce cardiovascular disease.
- The global cardiovascular drug market. Quirk, Jeremy; Maidwell, Nicola // International Journal of Medical Marketing;Apr2004, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p96
Presents an overview of the global cardiovascular drug market. Expectation of the growth of the value of the cardiovascular market in future; Dependence of the size and shape of the cardiovascular market on strong and often opposing forces; Definition and treatment of the cardiovascular disease...
- Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis. // Current Medical Literature: Rheumatology;2010, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p92
The article features several medical studies concerning osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. A study in the Netherlands assessed the association of thumb base involvement in symptomatic hand osteoarthritis with more pain and functional disability. Another study examined the expression of autophagy...
- Natural Blood Pressure Advance. // Positive Health;Aug2005, Issue 114, p5
Reports on the benefits of Regisense, a natural compound derived from the dairy protein casein, for individuals with elevated blood pressure. Administration of the drug; Mechanism of action; Availability of the drug.
- Are the Pleiotropic Effects of Telmisartan Clinically Relevant? Rizos, C. V.; Elisaf, M. S.; Liberopoulos, E. N. // Current Pharmaceutical Design;8/21/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p2815
Hypertension is one of the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease. Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) are a class of antihypertensive drugs with established efficacy and favorable safety profile. Telmisartan, a member of the ARB family, holds some additional traits which differentiate...