Quebec proposes fee for medical visits
- New Med Fee Schedule Bills May Render Court Decision Moot. Zarate, Vincent R. // Insurance Advocate;2/11/2008, Vol. 119 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the efforts to ban the proposed medical fee schedule made by Insurance Commissioner Steven Goldman in Trenton, New Jersey. Two legislators have introduced legislation to ban the use of Medicare rates for setting the fees, a move that would repeal the fee schedule....
- As I See It. CAMP, JOHN // Medical Marketing & Media;Mar2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p26
The article offers the author's insights on the conflicting issues on the financial relationship between physicians and patients based on the Sunshine Act, which is under the provisions of Affordable Care Act in the U.S.
- Incentivizing medicine: Pay-for-performance changing health care. Gallagher, Patrick // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/7/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the provision of health care law wherein hospitals and other providers who serve Medicare patients have the option of forming accountable care organization (ACOs) which present a framework for replacing fee-for-service system with a pay-for-performance arrangement in the U.S.
- Mixed response to post-op proposals. // Nursing Standard;1/17/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on the reactions of the nurses in England in relation to the radical shake-up of post-operative outpatient appointment plans of the government in the country. The nurses reportedly expressed mixed responses on the plans. Under the proposal, medical consultants patients would...
- Don't try to link GP on-call pay with consultants. // Pulse;7/1/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 26, p10
Reports that the price medical consultants in Great Britain will be paid for on-call work though their contract will have no bearing on general practitioner (GP) pay for out-of hours under the GP contract, according to the General Practitioners Committee.
- Quebec unveils new budget. // Nation (1206-2642);4/6/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p7
The article offers information on Quebec Finance Minister Raymond Bachand's 2012-2013 budget which was presented to the National Assembly on March 20, 2012.
- Doctors' fee lift may drive cost cuts. Keenan, Ted // Finance Week;01/19/2001, p17
Reports the increase in consultation fees of doctors in South Africa. Views of Medscheme Chief Executive Officer Anton Roux on the increase; Information on the main causes of medical inflation; Awareness of the public on costs in the health care industry.
- DEPARTMENT OF HEALTHCARE AND FAMILY SERVICES. // Illinois Register;5/11/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p7010
The article focuses on the publication of the public notice of adopted amendments initiated by the Department of Healthcare and Family Services in Illinois regarding medical payments. It notes that Section 140.84(d)(4) asserts that fines for failing to pass reports needed by the rulemaking will...
- Nasty diagnosis. Harris, Shaun // Finweek;7/17/2008, p75
The article focuses on the impact of amending the National Healthcare Amendment Bill on physicians and other medical personnel in South Africa. The National Hospital Network (NHN) stated that the proposed amendments on capping doctors' fees are anti-competitive and unconstitutional. NHN chief...