- Sales rise 9% at B&N, to $718 million. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p19
Reports on book company Barnes and Noble's sales performance for its first quarter ending May 1, 1999. Increase in sales; Net earnings.
- Mixed Signals From B&N. J. M. // Publishers Weekly;12/5/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 49, p7
The article reports on the performance of Barnes & Noble Inc. in the bookselling and publishing market.
- Barnes & Noble Ready For More Expansion. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;6/10/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 23, p9
Reports on the expansion plans of Barnes & Noble company as of June 10, 2002. Opening of additional book stores in the U.S.; Impact of its superstore operations on the company; Reason for its decision not to venture in international expansion; Merger of Barnes & Noble.com with the company.
- Barnes & Noble Sales Rose 3.5% in Fiscal 2002. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 8, p9
Reveals the sales posted by Barnes & Noble for the year ended February 2, 2002. Sales at the company's superstores in the same year; Earnings the company is expecting for year 2002; Number of superstores the company plans to open in 2002.
- Store revamp: Et tu, Shakespeare? Kamen, Robin // Crain's New York Business;6/27/94, Vol. 10 Issue 26, p3
Focuses on the Shakespeare & Co.'s business strategies to regain its market share in book retail trade. Decline in earnings of the company and independent bookstores in Manhattan, N.Y. after the opening of the Barnes & Noble superstores; Plan to open a cafe to enable the company to hold more...
- IN THE LOOP. . . // Book Publishing Report;3/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p5
Presents news updates relevant to the book trade in the U.S. as of March 10, 2003. Decline in the same-store sales for Barnes & Noble in February; Names of authors participating in the BookExpo America.
- BOOK BRIEFS. // Book Publishing Report;10/13/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p7
Reports developments related to the book industry in the U.S. as of October 2003. Highlight of the Frankfurt Book Fair; Increase in store sales of Barnes & Noble Inc.; Participation of the publishers and authors in exhibits.
- Barnes and Noble Buys Stake in On-Demand Press. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;11/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the acquisition of a stake in iUniverse.com by bookseller Barnes & Noble. Value of the stake purchased; Advantage of the move to Barnes & Noble; Information on a statement announcing the deal.
- July Comp Sales Soft at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;8/12/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 32, p135
Reports on the sales performance of book retailer Barnes & Noble in the second quarter ended July 31, 2002. Percentage of increase in sales.