As Financial Results Turn Ugly, Reader's Digest Gives Its Book Publishing Division A Makeover
- International Unit Leads Reader's Digest. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the sales increase in Reader's Digest's (RD) international group for the second quarter ended December 31, 2004. Reason for the sales increase in the international group; Weak categories of RD; Decrease in the sales in RD North America.
- Reader's Digest: Q2 Diet Books Strong; Children's Biz To Expand. // Book Publishing Report;2/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the decline in revenue at the Reader's Digest Association Inc. in the book industry in New York City. The second quarter revenue of the fiscal year 2006 is lower compared to the fiscal year 2005 in the same quarter. The top performer was the new edition of the diet book...
- Clarke Moves Up at RD. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/25/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 43, p14
Reports on the promotion of Harold Clarke to publisher and president of trade publishing and special markets at Reader's Digest. Previous job of Clarke in the company; Deals of Clarke with international companies; Book sales of the company for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2004.
- Reader's Digest To Cut Spots In Children's Publishing Division. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on management changes initiated by publishing house Reader's Digest. Reorganization of top-level management positions; Plan to cut jobs in the company's children's publishing division; Appointment of Harold Clarke as vice president and publisher; Rumors about the company's strategic...
- RDA's Rx: Tap The Brand. Masterton, John // MediaWeek;03/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p6
Announces the plan of Reader's Digest Association (RDA) to expand into several businesses. Target earnings by 2004; Remarks from RDA chairman/chief executive officer Tom Ryder; Platform for targeted selling of products through the mail.
- RD revises bonus plan, rejects new board nominations. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p12
Reports on results of `Reader's Digest's' (RD) disappointing financial performance. Cash bonuses suspended for some executives; Cancelling of some previously granted stock incentives: Rejected request by Corporate Value Partners to nominate Frank Macchiarola and William Mayer, to RD's board of...
- New Digest series aims to simplify. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p12
Discusses the launching of a `Reader's Digest' adult trade imprint to be called `Simpler Life.' Details of style and content, titles and future releases; Description of marketing strategies and promotional campaign.
- Major changes in RD structure. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p12
Reports on the redesign of the corporate structure and personnel changes of `Reader's Digest' (RD). RDs organization into four business groups, Global Books and Home Entertainment Group, the U.S. Magazine Publishing Group, the International Magazine Publishing Group and QSP Inc.; The broadening...
- Results fall at Reader's Digest. // Publishers Weekly;2/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p23
Reports that Reader's Digest has reported another quarter of declining results for the second period ended December 31, 1997. Revenues for the entire company falling; Decline in the book unit partially due to the strength of the dollar; Comments from chairman George Grune.