Poky Little Puppy Is Ready For His Close-Up
- Random House Lands Golden Books Assets. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;8/20/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p13
Reports the court approval of the purchase bid of Random House and Classic Media for the assets of Golden Books publishing company. Amount of the purchase; Plans for the employees of Golden Books; Other publishers who participated in the bid.
- PUBS ON GOLDEN POND. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;8/16/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 54, p4
Reports that Random House Inc. and Classic Media LLC have won approval to buy Gold Books Family Entertainment Co. Terms of agreement; Financial status of Golden Books.
- Random Bid for Golden Needs Court Approval. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p9
Discusses the agreement between Random House and Classic Media to acquire the assets of Golden Books. Update on the bankruptcy case; Value of the acquisition offering; Reason of Golden for choosing the bid made by Random over the offer by DIC Entertainment.
- Golden Books Expands Christian Market Presence; Upgrades Other Titles. // Book Publishing Report;6/12/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p1
The article features Golden Books of New York, a division of Random House Children's Publishing, and its expansion into the Christian market. Golden Books is upgrading many of its coloring and activity book offerings for 2006 and is trying to build on last year's successful push into the...
- RH Lays off Scores at Golden. Zeitchik, Steven; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the plan of Golden Books to lay off a number of employees as part of its integration with Random House (RH). Terms under the publishing deal; Remarks from Stuart Applebaum, spokesperson of Random House.
- Random, Ellenbogen Make Bid for Golden Books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/30/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 31, p10
Reports that Random House filed a bid before the July 24, 2001 deadline to acquire the assets of Golden Books. Partner of Random for the bid; Rumors which circulated during the trade show BookExpo America; Schedule for the auction.
- Consolidating. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/1/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 40, p11
Provides information on the integration process of several companies as of October 2001. Details on the agreement between Random House and Golden Books; Information on a memo which came from Joerg Pfuhl, president of publishing development for Random House; Executives who are leaving John Wiley...
- Golden opportunity for DIC Ent. Randall, Laura // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/5/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 29, p71
Reports on DIC Entertainment Holdings Inc.'s acquisition of book publisher Golden Books Family Entertainment Inc. Terms of the deal; Golden Books' book titles obtained by DIC as part of the agreement; Bankruptcy filing by Golden Books to speed up the transaction.
- Fall Movie Tie-ins. Maas, John Michael // Publishers Weekly;8/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 34, p20
Features several books with motion picture and television tie-ins for the fall 2004 season. "The Incredibles" from Random House/Golden Books; "The Polar Express" from Houghton Mifflin; "The Spongebob Squarepants Movie" from Random House/Golden Books.