The Newest, oddest Couple: Wiley + Hungry Minds
- Wiley Buys Hungry Minds. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/20/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p16
Announces the acquisition of the computer book publisher and online learning portal Hungry Minds by John Wiley & Sons publishing company. Net revenues of Hungry Minds for the third quarter ending June 30, 2001; Views of William J. Pesce, president and chief executive officer of Wiley, on the...
- Wiley Has Strong Start. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 37, p14
Reports on the operating performance of John Wiley & Sons publishing company for the first quarter ended July 31, 2001. Increase in total first quarter sales and net income; Details on its acquisition of Hungry Minds publishing company; Information on its planned relocation to Hoboken, New...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;12/10/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p6
Reports the revenue increase of John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the United States. Impact of the acquisition of Hungry Minds Inc. on the financial status of the company; Effects of the terrorist attacks on the revenue gains of Hungry Minds; Sales decline of business and travel books.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;3/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p6
Reports the financial impact of the acquisition of the Hungry Minds (HM) by John Wiley & Sons Inc. Contribution of HM to full-year earnings for fiscal year 2002; Revenues generated by HM; Increase of the third quarter net income of John Wiley & Sons.
- Wiley Credits Hungry Minds Buy With Market Share Gains For 2003 In Travel, Cookbooks and Computers. // Book Publishing Report;6/23/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the impact that book publisher John Wiley & Sons Inc.'s acquisition of Hungry Minds Inc. has had on the former's financial performance in fiscal year 2003.
- Will Pesce. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/6/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 48, p22
The article features Will Pesce, chief executive officer of John Wiley & Sons. It cites the leadership of Pesce as one of the reasons for the record sales and profits posted by the company in its fiscal year ended April 30, 2010. His proudest achievement is said to be the smooth integration of...
- Hungry Minds Addition Boosts Wiley. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p12
Reports on the significance of the acquisition of Hungry Minds to the sales increase experienced by publishing company John Wiley & Sons in the second quarter ended October 31, 2001. Net income of Wiley for the quarter; Impact of the September 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States on book...
- Hungry Minds Drives John Wiley's Gains. Milliot, Jim; Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;3/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 10, p10
Reports that John Wiley's acquisition of Hungry Minds has made an impact on its earnings for the third quarter of 2001. Profit growth posted for the period; Sales performance of its international operations; News involving its purchase of Hungry Minds.
- JOHN WILEY BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;7/17/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 28, p4
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics. It includes the percent of revenue generated by professional or trade division in fiscal 2001 and 2006, amount contributed by Hungry Minds to John Wiley sales in 2002, and the percent of book revenue generated by new or revised titles...