Further delay in restart of nuclear reactor
- CAN DO. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Mar2000, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the CANDU nuclear reactors designed and built by Canada's Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. (AECL). Government subsidy for CANDU reactors and AECL; Ethical aspect of exporting CANDU reactors; Countries using the services of AECL.
- Nuclear programme includes Candu feasibility study. // Modern Power Systems;Apr94, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p5
Reports that Atomic Energy of Canada has signed a memorandum of agreement with the Argentine Commission Nacional de Energia Atomica to study the feasibility of building a Candu 3 reactor in the south American country. Design of the Candu 3 based on standardization.
- Canadian Scientists and Nuclear Industry Plan Joint Research Reactor. Feder, Toni // Physics Today;Jan99, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p61
Reports that materials scientists and Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. (AECL) have teamed up to ask the Canadian government to finance a research reactor that would be used for neutron scattering and experiments. Purpose behind the proposed Canadian Neutron Facility for Materials Sciences;...
- New Bulgaria Reactors. // Nuclear Plant Journal;May/Jun2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p15
Reports on nuclear engineering company Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd.'s bid to supply nuclear reactors to Bulgaria. Westinghouse, Skoda, Framatome ANP and Atomstroyexport as other bidders.
- Chalk River set to return to production. // Medical Device Daily;6/18/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 117, p7
The article reports on the completion of repairs at Atomic Energy of Canada Limited's (AECL) reactor vessel in Chalk River, Ontario.
- Candu electrifies Shanghai. // Power;Sep2003, Vol. 147 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the launch of the commercial operations of the second Candu reactor of the Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. (AECL) at the Qinshan Nuclear Power Plant near Shanghai in China on July 24, 2003. Details on the performance of other reactors of AECL in the area; Reaction of Qinshan project...
- What killed the Maples reactors? Motluk, Alison // New Scientist;1/16/2010, Vol. 205 Issue 2743, p30
The article tackles the issues surrounding the Maples project. The perceived failure of Maple 1 and Maple 2 as reactors is blamed to Canada's nuclear regulator and sometimes to the Canadian government since it canceled the project before crucial technical questions had been resolved. The problem...
- British Energy funds study into advanced reactor. // Utility Week;3/8/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p6
Reports on several research on advanced pressurized reactors funded by British Energy. Types of reactor designs studied by British Nuclear Fuels and Atomic Energy of Canada; Budget allotted by British Energy on the research; Reaction of the organization Friends of the Earth on the plans of...
- How your tax dollars helped North Korea make its bomb. // Asian Pacific Post;10/12/2006, p16
The author explains how Canada's tax dollars has helped North Korea make its nuclear weapon. The Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. (AECL) is a secretive organization which utilizes tax money to build CANDU nuclear reactors. AECL has trained Pakistanis like Sultan Bashiruddin Mahmood and Chaudhry...