Canada to update influenza vaccine supply strategy
- Get your flu shot. Segell, Michael // Cosmopolitan;Nov93, Vol. 215 Issue 5, p56
Points out the importance of having vaccination against influenza. Possible widespreading of an influenza version called the Taiwan strain.
- Evaluation of Group Health Cooperative of Puget Sound's senior influenza immunization program. Pearson, David C.; Thompson, Robert S. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p571
Highlights a study to determine how an influenza campaign for seniors sponsored by a health maintenance organization could be improved. Findings about vaccine compliance and satisfaction with the program.
- Who needs a flu shot? // Consumer Reports on Health;Nov93, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p126
Discusses the importance of flu vaccinations. Virulence of the Type A Beijing influenza strain; Percentage of people availing of flu shots; High risk groups to influenza.
- New flu vaccine cuts adverse reactions. // USA Today Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 124 Issue 2605, p10
Reports on the study of a genetically engineered influenza vaccine at Saint Louis University School of Medicine which may offer protection from flu with fewer side effects associated with licensed vaccines. Lower rates of flu infections and illness during the winter flu season; Fewer local...
- Fighting flu shot's side effects. // USA Today Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 124 Issue 2605, p10
Presents recommendations on avoiding side effects of influenza immunizations. Comments from Robert Norris of Stanford University Hospital's Emergency Department; Need for children to always take an aspirin substitute due to the possibility of contracting Reye's syndrome; Reduction of the...
- An effective fight against flu needs proper funding. Higson, Nigel // GP: General Practitioner;10/14/2002, p39
Focuses on a survey on influenza vaccination among the young at-risk in Great Britain. Criteria for targeting flu vaccine at patients with conditions that put them at risk; Statistics of young at-risk patients who have been vaccinated; Effectiveness of local development schemes that encourage...
- Five Tips for Less Costly Flu Vaccination. Moore, Kent J. // Family Practice Management;Apr2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p16
Provides tips for less costly flu vaccination. Purchase of flu vaccines before flu seasons; Avoidance of buying vaccine supply from a retail pharmacy; Details on the CPT codes for influenza vaccine.
- Flu shots. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Oct1992, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p3
Discusses how to avoid winter influenza with a fall vaccine. Number of people affected; Best protection; Who is at risk; Safety; Need to be repeated; Details.
- Race-specific differences in influenza vaccination levels among Medicare beneficiaries-United ... McBean, A.M.; Babish, J.D. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;1/20/1995, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p25
Focuses on provision of influenza vaccine to the high-risk people in the United States by 2000. Reimbursement by Medicare since May 1, 1993; Schemes for analysis; Comparison between different states and races; Description of plans for popularizing vaccination; Editorial note on the article.
- Seasonal vaccine may not induce cross-reactive antibody response to influenza A (H1N1). // Infectious Disease News;Dec2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p17
The article discusses research which demonstrated the occurrence of cross-reactive antibody response in less than 20% of adults who were vaccinated with seasonal influenza vaccines in the U.S.