Wanted: Historical artifacts for new public health school
- Museum of Anthropology honored. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;03/26/99, Vol. 184 Issue 13, p9
Reports that Canada Post has issued a commemorative stamp to mark the golden anniversary of the establishment the University of British Columbia's Museum of Anthropology. Design of the stamp; Contact information.
- Newsletter incurs $15,000 fine. // Liberal Education;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p49
Reports that the Engineering Undergraduate Society at the University of British Columbia in Canada has been fined $15,000 for publishing material described as racist, sexist and homophobic. Comments from university president David Strangway.
- Meat-Free Identities. // Hinduism Today;Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by the University of British Columbia which revealed key differences in the cultural identifications with vegetarianism of people in the East and the West.
- Hiroshima exhibit at UBC. // Filipino Post;1/12/2012, p4
The article offers information on the exhibition "Hiroshima" by Ishiuchi Miyako at the Museum of Anthropology of the University of British Columbia.
- UBC School of Audiology and Speech Sciences Celebrates 40 Years. // Canadian Hearing Report;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p11
The article mentions the anniversary of the University of British Columbia (UBC) School of Audiology and Speech Sciences, which has been continually educating audiometry for 40 years.
- Piast Institute Launches New Survey of Polonia. // Polish American Journal;May2013, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p20
The article presents information on the launch of a new survey related to the Polish Americans by the Piast Institute in cooperation with the University of British ColumÂbia in the U.S.
- Skin deep. // Professional Engineering;5/19/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p40
The article offers information on a material that closely mimics the elasticity of muscle developed by researchers at the University of British Columbia.
- Int'l program needs volunteers. // Chinatown News;7/3/93, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p27
Reports on the call for community volunteers by the International House at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. Assistance needed at the 1993 student reception program; Hosting of international students; Program schedule.
- HAPPY RETURNS. TAYLOR, TIMOTHY // Walrus;Mar2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p36
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working as a faculty at the University of British Columbia and paying taxes in British Columbia.