Wanted: Historical artifacts for new public health school
- Museum of Anthropology honored. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;03/26/99, Vol. 184 Issue 13, p9
Reports that Canada Post has issued a commemorative stamp to mark the golden anniversary of the establishment the University of British Columbia's Museum of Anthropology. Design of the stamp; Contact information.
- Newsletter incurs $15,000 fine. // Liberal Education;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p49
Reports that the Engineering Undergraduate Society at the University of British Columbia in Canada has been fined $15,000 for publishing material described as racist, sexist and homophobic. Comments from university president David Strangway.
- Meat-Free Identities. // Hinduism Today;Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by the University of British Columbia which revealed key differences in the cultural identifications with vegetarianism of people in the East and the West.
- Hiroshima exhibit at UBC. // Filipino Post;1/12/2012, p4
The article offers information on the exhibition "Hiroshima" by Ishiuchi Miyako at the Museum of Anthropology of the University of British Columbia.
- UBC School of Audiology and Speech Sciences Celebrates 40 Years. // Canadian Hearing Report;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p11
The article mentions the anniversary of the University of British Columbia (UBC) School of Audiology and Speech Sciences, which has been continually educating audiometry for 40 years.
- Piast Institute Launches New Survey of Polonia. // Polish American Journal;May2013, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p20
The article presents information on the launch of a new survey related to the Polish Americans by the Piast Institute in cooperation with the University of British ColumÂbia in the U.S.
- Int'l program needs volunteers. // Chinatown News;7/3/93, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p27
Reports on the call for community volunteers by the International House at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. Assistance needed at the 1993 student reception program; Hosting of international students; Program schedule.
- HAPPY RETURNS. TAYLOR, TIMOTHY // Walrus;Mar2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p36
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working as a faculty at the University of British Columbia and paying taxes in British Columbia.
- FROM COPENHAGEN AND PARIS: A STRAVINSKY PHOTOGRAPH-AUTOGRAPH AT THE UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA. Slim, H. Colin // Notes;Mar2003, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p542
Provides information on the Stravinsky collection at the University of British Columbia. Details on the story of the newspaper photograph of Stravinsky which begins on the evening of March 22, 1934.