Predicting potential survival benefit of renal transplantation in patients with chronic kidney disease
- Survival and transplantation in end-stage renal disease: a prospective study of a multiethnic population. Jain, Poorva; Cockwell, Paul; Little, Jane; Ferring, Martin; Nicholas, Johann; Richards, Nick; Higgins, Rob; Smith, Steve // Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation;Dec2009, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p3840
Introduction. Accurate assessment of determinants of patient survival in end-stage renal disease is important for counselling, clinical management and resource planning. To address this we have analysed survival and risk factors for survival for patients treated for end-stage renal disease in a...
- research roundup. // Journal of Renal Nursing;Sep2015, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p256
No abstract available.
- research roundup. Cope, Graham // Journal of Renal Nursing;Jan2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p48
No abstract available.
- Peritoneal dialysis in polycystic kidney disease patients. Report from the French peritoneal dialysis registry (RDPLF). Lobbedez, Thierry; Touam, Malick; Evans, David; Ryckelynck, Jean-Philippe; Knebelman, Bertrand; Verger, Christian // Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation;Jul2011, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p2332
Background. It is commonly believed that polycystic kidney disease (PKD) patients on peritoneal dialysis (PD) are over-exposed to technique failure and peritonitis compared with other patients. This study was carried out to assess whether PKD is associated with technique failure and to evaluate...
- The effect of smoking on the kidneys. Cope, Graham F. // Journal of Renal Nursing;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p142
Graham Cope outlines the ways in which smoking impairs both kidney function and prognosis in kidney disease. Knowledge of the negative impact of cigarette smoking in renal disease can assist the nurse in educating and supporting patients in smoking cessation.
- IgA nephropathy in identical twins: an excellent donor and recipient outcome 11 years after transplantation. Irvine, John; Cross, Nicholas; Lynn, Kelvin; Robson, Richard; Searle, Martin; Morton, John; Armstrong, Sarah; Roake, Justin // Clinical Kidney Journal;Jun2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p232
We present a case of IgA nephropathy (IgAN) in monozygotic twins with excellent donor and recipient outcome 11 years after transplantation. The recipient developed IgAN at 26 years and progressed to end-stage renal failure 10 years later. His identical twin who had hypertension, intermittent...
- Effect of dialysis and renal transplantation on autonomic dysfunction in chronic renal failure. Agarwal, Anupam; Anand, Inder S.; Sakhuja, Vinay; Chugh, Kirpal S. // Kidney International;Sep1991, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p489
Autonomic functions were evaluated in 25 nondialyzed patients with chronic renal failure and eight controls. Eight patients were reassessed after 6.6 Â± 1.0 weeks of hemodialysis and 12 patients were restudied 24 Â± 4.0 weeks after renal transplantation. In addition, six patients who had...
- Histopathologic findings associated with a chronic, progressive decline in renal allograft function. Kasiske, Bertram L.; Kalil, Roberto S. N.; Hyun Soon Lee; Rao, K. Venkateswara // Kidney International;Sep1991, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p514
The relationship between specific histopathologic findings of chronic rejection (CR) and the clinical course of renal transplant recipients with a chronic progressive decline in allograft function (CPDAF) is unknown. We used one or two hinged regression lines, fitted by least-squares to serial...
- Association of microsatellite markers on chromosomes 6q27 region and 10p15 region with end-stage renal disease in a UK renal transplant population. Currie, Diane; McKnight, Amy Jayne; Patterson, Christopher C.; Martin, Rosalind J. L.; Middleton, Derek; Courtney, Aisling E.; Maxwell, Alexander P. // Journal of Human Genetics;Aug2009, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p497
The article discusses a study on the association of microsatellite markers on chromosomes 6q27 region and 10p15 region with end-stage renal disease in renal transplant population in Great Britain. A genome-wide screen highlighted several markers associated with advanced renal failure secondary...