To your health: Plan for personal policies may help those without insurance coverage
- Nearly 45 million Americans counted among uninsured. Dunn, Philip // AHA News;05/19/97, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the findings of a survey by the Agency for Health Care Policy on the number of Americans with health insurance coverages current as of 1996. Number of uninsured Americans; Insurance coverage for the Hispanic population; Coverage of planned subsequent data releases.
- Fighting the real health care crisis: the working uninsured. Josten, Bruce // Las Vegas Business Press;06/28/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p5
Comments on challenges faced by the United States government in creating and implementing policies to provide health insurance to employed uninsured patients. Questions on the realism of attaining the goals of government health insurance policies; Impact of regulatory proposals on providing...
- Expanded coverage still needed. Wechsler // Managed Healthcare;Nov99, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the need for expanded health care insurance coverage in the United States. Increase in the number of Americans without health insurance in 1998; Cause of uninsurance; Health insurance of children; Need for a major federal effort to expand coverage.
- Did You Know That...? // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Jun2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the decline in the number of uninsured people in the United States in year 2000 according to the statistics of the Census Bureau.
- Incremental approaches to covering uninsured children: Design and policy issues. Thorpe, Kenneth E. // Health Affairs;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p64
Examines design and policy issues which should be addressed in implementing incremental approaches to health insurance coverage of children who are not insured in the United States. Estimated number of children who were uninsured in 1995; Policy options and design issues in children's health...
- Insurance. Greene, Jan // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;09/20/97, Vol. 71 Issue 18, p13
Provides information on the health insurances in the United States. Findings of Palm Beach agency on insurers investment portfolios; Percentage of uninsured residents who can afford an expansion of coverage.
- 1.4 million more Americans lack health insurance. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p25A
No abstract available.
- Lack of Health Insurance Contributes To Premature Death. // RN;Oct2002, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p14
Cites a report sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, which found that U.S. citizens without insurance are more likely to have poorer health and die prematurely than those with insurance. Health risks faced by the uninsured; Statistics on medically uninsured Americans.
- Studies find increasing numbers of uninsured. // Family Practice Management;Feb1999, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p26
Cites studies which found increasing numbers of uninsured in the United States. Health insurance coverage; Insurance for nonelderly people.