Bush's Grow-Slow Defense Budget
- CANDIDATES PROPOSED MILITARY BUDGETS. // Defense Monitor;Oct2000, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p8
Informs on United States presidential candidates George W. Bush and Al Gore's proposed military spending increases.
- Statement on House of Representatives Action on Defense Authorization Bill. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/1/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p1377
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President George W. Bush on September 25, 2001, praising the passing of the Defense Authorization Bill by the House of Representatives.
- Budget detailed for Pentagon's $87 billion plan to rebuild arsenal. Ames, Ben // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1
Reports on U.S. President George W. Bush's fund request for the rebuilding of infrastructure, replenishing of military stockpiles and countering terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan. Military weapons that require replacement in Iraq; Breakdown of Bush's military funding request.
- Impassioned Responses To Bush Missile Scheme. Mann, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/16/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 3, p26
Comments on the ballistic missile defense plan of United States President George W. Bush. Funding for the plan; Percent of increase; Expected violation of the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty; Plan to build a new test range in Alaska, increase funding for flight tests, produce the joint US...
- IN REAGAN'S FOOTSTEPS. // Human Events;2/4/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the proposal of the United States President George W. Bush to approve an increase in military spending for 2003. Implication of the increase.
- WASHINGTON outlook. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/11/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p27
Reports on developments related to government policies affecting the aerospace industries in the United States as of September 11, 2000. Republican presidential candidate George W. Bush's proposed defense budget and policies; Budget deficit faced by the U.S. Navy.
- War on the Installment Plan. Simendinger, Alexis // National Journal;1/20/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p48
The article reports that advisers of U.S. President George W. Bush in the White House and at the Office of Management and Budget found ways to control the request for emergency funding to reduce the opportunity of the congressional critics to put limits on the president's plan to send additional...
- Statement on Senate Action on Defense Appropriations Legislation August 1, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/5/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p1296
Presents the text of a statement given by U.S. President George W. Bush on August 1, 2002 on U.S. Senate action on defense appropriations legislation.
- Remarks on Signing the Department of Defense Appropriations Act and the Military Construction Appropriation Act October 23, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/28/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 43, p1833
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 23, 2002 which deals with the signing of the Department of Defense Appropriations Act and the Military Construction Appropriations Act.