Pharmacy resident project publication rates and study designs from 1981, 1991, and 2001
- A comprehensive system of pharmaceutical care for drug misusers. Roberts, Kay; Hunter, Carole // Harm Reduction Journal;2004, Vol. 1, p6
This article outlines the evolution of a community pharmacy-based supervised consumption of methadone program in Grater Glasgow. The formalization of this program in 1994 promoted full patient compliance with the methadone regimen and reduced seepage of the drug to the illicit market. 184 of the...
- APhA-APRS. Murawski, Matthew M. // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p590
The author focuses on the information needs of pharmacists in relation to substance abuse and dependency. He differentiates substance abuse from dependency in which the latter concerns an obsessive pattern of use while the former tends to be intermittent and episodic. He notes that there is...
- NOT A RECIPE FOR UNSAFE SEX. // New Scientist;1/8/2005, Vol. 185 Issue 2481, p4
The article reports that women who have easy access to emergency contraception are no more likely to have unprotected sex than those who can only get drugs from a clinic, according to a study in the U.S. The study, led by Tina Raine of the University of California, San Francisco, involved 2117...
- Effect of preprinted order form on epoetin alfa prescribing. Garrelts, James C.; Meister, Amber; Bond, Jack // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/15/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 16, p1732
Purpose. The effect of a required preprinted order form on the prescribing of epoetin alfa was evaluated. Summary. An initial drug-use evaluation (DUE) was conducted in January 2004 to determine how closely prescribing guidelines for epoetin alfa were being followed. A preprinted order form was...
- A win for us. Plagakis, Jim // Drug Topics;6/19/2006, Vol. 150 Issue 12, p17
The article focuses on the author's experience in dealing with patients who suffer from problem drug. He recounts seeing numerous patients who were seriously impaired. For many of them, the difficulty was too many beers at the bar after work. Some of them mixed their alcohol with prescription...
- Current Literature. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/1/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p496
Presents literature work related to pharmacy. 'e-Pharmacy: A Guide to the Internet Care Zone'; 'Quantum Leaps in the Wrong Direction: Where Real Science Ends and Pseudoscience Begins.'
- Preface [ Endocrine and Metabolic Agents (Executive Editors: A.S. Wagman and W.L. Cody)]. Wagman, Allan S.; Cody, Wayne L. // Current Pharmaceutical Design;Nov2004, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p1
Presents introduction to the October 2004 issue of the journal "Current Pharmaceutical Design."
- IJGP gets ICV. Gupta, V. B. // International Journal of Green Pharmacy (Medknow Publications & ;Jan-Mar2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
Information about the "International Journal of Green Pharmacy" is presented.
- Guidelines for Writers. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Aug2002, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p54
Presents guidelines for writers who wish to submit articles for publication in the 'Pharmaceutical Executive' magazine.