Fatal retroperitoneal hematoma after enoxaparin administration in a patient with paroxysmal atrial flutter
- Prescription of regular aspirin in patients with chest pain referred to a cardiology outpatient... Hargreaves, M.R.; Firoozan, S. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/25/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6982, p777
Discusses the prescription of regular aspirin in patient with chest pain referred to a cardiology outpatient clinic in Great Britain. Number of angina cases presented yearly; Percentage of patients referred for angina who were taking aspirin regularly; Cost of aspirin as compared with other...
- Spontaneous Intramural Hematoma of the Esophagus. Hiller, Nurith; Zagal, Ibrahim; Hadas-Halpern, Irith // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1999, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p2282
Spontaneous intramural hematoma of the esophagus (SIHE) is a rare condition, usually presenting with severe acute chest pain. Vomiting, dysphagia, odynophagia, and hematemesis may appear later. We herein report a case of this disease in a patient treated with low doses of aspirin, and review the...
- Mediastinal haematoma complicating percutaneous coronary intervention via the radial artery. Spies, M.; Robaei, D.; Baker, L.; Jepson, N. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;2015 Supplement 3, Vol. 24, pS283
No abstract available.
- Anomalous Single Coronary Artery with Absent Right Coronary Artery. Tanawuttiwat, Tanyanan; Harindhanavudhi, Tasma; Trivedi, Dinker // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2009, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p362
The article focuses on the detection of an anomalous single coronary artery without the right coronary artery (RCA) using multidetector computed tomographic angiography in a middle-aged woman. The patient presented to an emergency department complaining about recurrent susternal chest pain. Her...
- Electrocardiogram in a man with chest pain and widespread atherosclerotic disease. Glancy, D. Luke; Nguyen, Thanh M.; Bratschi, Susan S.; Khuri, Bahij N. // Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings;Oct2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p357
The article presents a case study of a 54-year-old male smoker with dyslipidemia who went to the hospital following a severe episode of chest pain. Doctors recorded an electrocardiogram upon admission and noted that the man took no medication. Topics include an overview of ischemic symptoms in...
- Spontaneous Intramural Haematoma Of The Oesophagus: An
Uncommon Cause Of Chest Pain. Ong, J.P.L.; Ahmed, W. // Internet Journal of Gastroenterology;2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p12
Spontaneous intramural haematoma of the oesophagus (SIHO) is an important cause of chest pain. It presents as sudden onset of chest pain, typically accompanied by dysphagia or odynophagia and haematemesis. Gastroscopy is safe and diagnostic, although endoscopic findings change rapidly and may be...
- A rare cause of haematemesis and chest pain. Ambrose, Tim; Rajendran, Natesan; Macfaul, George // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Oct2011, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p592
A case study of an 87-year-old woman with chest pain, and thirty episodes of fresh haematemesis after eating crusty bread, is presented. She underwent an oesophagogastroduodenoscopy which revealed a large dissecting intramural oesophageal haematoma. She was diagnosed with dissecting intramural...
- Pectoral muscle hematoma: A rare complication of transradial cardiac catheterization. Özyüncü, Nil; Kürklü, Türkan Seda Tan; Özcan, Özgür Ulaş; Turan, Nazlı; Hüseynova, Süreyya // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Dec2016, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pE-22
The article presents case studies of male patients who both complained for chest pain following angiography in which hematoma in the pectoral muscles of both patients were found.
- Aspirin/clopidogrel. // Reactions Weekly;6/2/2012, Issue 1404, p10
The article describes cases of subdural haematoma in elderly patients who have been receiving aspirin.