Reserve military service during postgraduate year 1 residency training
- Connecticut reservists fulfill their duty. Glenn, David J. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the call among the members of the National Guard and the Reserves of Connecticut for active military duty. Business strategy in response to labor absenteeism; Federal law governing employment of military reserves; Preparedness of reservists and guardsmen to fight the war in Iraq.
- Called Up for Active Duty–What Does It Mean to Your Company? Winn, Michael Tim // Contract Management;Jul2003, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p42
Focuses on U.S. laws and regulations when reserve soldiers of the military are called to active duty. Challenge of morally and legally protecting their military employees; Protection for military personnel from job loss and financial hardship; Scope of the Uniformed Services Employment and...
- Joint Reserve Force. Imberi, Doug // All Hands;Nov96, Issue 955, p47
The article presents information on the Joint Reserve Force of the U.S., which comprises teams that include Reservists from the Navy, Army, and the Air Force.
- ROTC is returning to high schools // Mother Jones;Sep85, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p27
ROTC is returning to high schools after a complete decline at the end of the Vietnam War. In the absence of all-out war, the Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps seems to promise merely fun and opportunity. The deadlier side of military service is out of sight and mind.
- JROTC: Making Soldiers in Public Schools. Lutz, Catherine; Bartlett, Lesley // Education Digest;Nov95, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p9
Analyzes the role of the Junior Reserve Officer Training Corp (JROTC) program at high schools. Background information on JROTC; Number of units at inception; Units for the future; Its curriculum; Leadership training; Goal.
- 99TH RRC SOLDIERS BRIGHTEN HOLIDAYS FOR PITTSBURGH'S HOSPITALIZED VETS. Gordon, Jack // Army Reserve Magazine;Spring2007, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p40
The article reports on the visit of the U.S. Reserve Soldiers serving with the 99th Regional Readiness Command to veterans hospitalized in one of the Veterans Affairs hospitals in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- CORRECTION. // Officer;Mar2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p12
Presents a correction to the article "Reserve Component Procurement Analysis," that was previously published in the February 2004 issue of the journal "The Officer."
- Native of Romania Proud of Her Country. Fedorca, Florina C. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p18
Comments on the article 'Romanian Holiday: Reservist Shares Military Information With Former Cold War Foe' published in April 2000. Background of the author; Participation in a non-commissioned officer induction ceremony; Efforts to share the native Romanian culture.
- Reserves Open to Active-Duty Retirees. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2001, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the Air Force reserve offers active-duty military retirees to return to military services. National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2001; Addition of Section 12741 to Chapter 1223 in the Act; Election of retirement as members of the retired reserve; Benefit for continued...